Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2013 1:20:10 PM EDT
Can anybody confirm the size of the crowd at the anti-gun rally, WFSB (channel 3) is reporting 5000, but looking at the limited footage they showed looks like far less then the pro-rally.  On other news my wife made me very proud when she told me that she was asked by several people to help get media coverage for this event, she is in PR and get's things on the news for a living, and although she isn't the biggest pro-gun person , she knows my feelings as I bark about them daily, and is a believer in the 2nd and constitution
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can anybody confirm the size of the crowd at the anti-gun rally, WFSB (channel 3) is reporting 5000, but looking at the limited footage they showed looks like far less then the pro-rally.  On other news my wife made me very proud when she told me that she was asked by several people to help get media coverage for this event, she is in PR and get's things on the news for a living, and although she isn't the biggest pro-gun person , she knows my feelings as I bark about them daily, and is a believer in the 2nd and constitution

Did she throw them under the bus and not provide coverage?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard there was about 50 buses. You can get 100 people on a bus, right?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice to see so many wishing that I will become a criminal.

I suppose they will free a few rapists and pedophiles to make room for owners of 30 round magazines.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the news says 5,000... so it MUST be true, right?

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard someone on 1080 today say they took a walk around the protest on their lunch break and said the crowd today was way less than the crowd at the pro gun rally. He put the numbers at around 1000 people today compared to the 2000 people at the pro gun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
edit:  i checked malloy's facebook page and it says "Thursday, February 14, 2013 -- Governor Dannel P. Malloy and Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman joined hundreds of people at a March for Change rally at the State Capitol in support of gun violence prevention laws."
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
CTNewsjunkie.com posted this picture.

Edit to add: It won't matter how large the crowd actually was, the MSM will intentionally over estimate how many attended just as they intentionally underestimated how many attended the pro 2A rally a few weeks back. Oh and this same camera location (left side second floor balcony) is where I saw a police officer taking pictures during the 2A rally yet that picture wasn't posted by the media.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the fish eye lense photo exaggerates things like a mirror in a carnival house...
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
There could have only been 10 people there, the media will sensationalize it all and be on their side and so will our politicians because it's the politically correct thing to do.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried posting this picture, but the post is not there... lets try it again

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like the fish eye lense photo exaggerates things like a mirror in a carnival house...

Either that or it was an iPhone, or similarly equipped camera, where they took a panorama picture. Either way its hard to determine exactly how many are there.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It's like how men over-exaggerate their sexual conquests by a factor of 3, and women under-represent their partners by a factor of 5.

They are being the dudes here.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://images.townnews.com/middletownpress.com/content/articles/2013/02/14/news/doc511cc6f218bf6715816957.jpg

Per that picture's IPTC info (from Infranview) the caption reads: "Protesters at the anti-gun rally at about 10:45 a.m. Thursday at the Capitol in Hartford. Peter Hvizdak/Register"

There are a whole slew of pictures here: http://photos.sbsun.com/2013/02/photos-anti-gun-rally-in-conn/
Lot of herp derp on the signs.

ETA: Here is one example...

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/upload/gun-control-crowd1.jpg

Edit to add: It won't matter how large the crowd actually was, the MSM will intentionally over estimate how many attended just as they intentionally underestimated how many attended the pro 2A rally a few weeks back. Oh and this same camera location (left side second floor balcony) is where I saw a police officer taking pictures during the 2A rally yet that picture wasn't posted by the media.

That is no more than the pro-2A rally several weeks back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#15]
NBC just said 5,500 people today... the numbers are growing....
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Check out the partially blocked sign in the back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#17]
My libtard neighbor went she said that there were around 3-4 k there. I just raised my eyebrow when she said that and she mumbled something like well it seemed like 3-4k were there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://images.townnews.com/middletownpress.com/content/articles/2013/02/14/news/doc511cc6f218bf6715816957.jpg

what rally is this from?  don't assume people know what you are thinking
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/upload/gun-control-crowd1.jpg

They also wrote this:

Secretary of the State Denise Merrill, a former lawmaker, said she’s hearing that lawmakers are receiving email “100 to 1 against” changing the state’s gun laws.

“Today, we are here to be the new not-so-quite majority,” Merrill told the crowd.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what rally is this from?  don't assume people know what you are thinking

Sorry, this is from todays rally.  the anti's
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:19:58 AM EDT
[#21]

What a dumbass!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#22]
These are the idiots who are in control of our sporting future in CT.  They act on emotion not on fact.  I set up a website ctguncontrol.com check it out it disputes many myths.  The sad truth is if we don't band together in CT were screwed, out of 6 people I called for the pro gun rally only 2 showed. If others did the same then we only had 1/3 the gun owners or less out there and we did have just as many asin those pictures,  there's no way that's 5500 people.  We have no voice in CT the media is biased.

They don't want focus on the media portrayal of gun violence in movies and TV and they sold their souls to protect it.  Why do you think Obama stays off that topic? It's all agenda
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#23]
i just found out the girl here at work, her mom went to the anti rally yesterday.... She said her mom really dont know much about it except she is a mom and should go... give me a break!!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:44:04 PM EDT
[#24]
just look at the signs. it says it all.  aobviously anyone there doesnt know squat because if they knew the facts they couldnt argue with them.  typical democrats stick there fingers in thier ears and say lalalalalalalal Im not listening.  ( I actually saw one do this last week) because if they listened they would be PROVEN WRONG.  Gun bans of any kind have never worked thats why it was repealed or let sunset.  

It is up to us to educate people we know, not to be rude or nasty, but to mention to people that there are facts that dispell what the anti gun people say.  dont push too hard or they will dig thier heels in just plant the seeds needed offer to take people shoooting and then act responsible if you do.  I also suggest reading andrew carnegies book how to win freinds and influence people.  It really does help when dealing with people.  

Its all on us to help people see a picture of responsible gun owners and that AR15 type guns are really no different than any other gun .accept maybe more fun.LOL
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#25]
hey pur pony that stang turbocharged?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
hey pur pony that stang turbocharged?

Yes sir!, actually its Twin Turbocharged :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top