Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:32:21 PM EDT

I am curious if there are any ARFCOM folks living in the Monroe, Louisiana area.  I am originally from Bastrop/Monroe, but have been in the military for the last 29 years.  I still have close family living in the area and get back there occasionally. When I do get back I am amazed that there is so little interest in black rifles at any of the gun stores.  I haven't seen a single AR, AK, or anything else on the racks of any gun stores. It's all deer rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

I am going to try and get back there this Thanksgiving.  This time I will be able to take some toys with me and look forward to doing some shooting.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am curious if there are any ARFCOM folks living in the Monroe, Louisiana area.  I am originally from Bastrop/Monroe, but have been in the military for the last 29 years.  I still have close family living in the area and get back there occasionally. When I do get back I am amazed that there is so little interest in black rifles at any of the gun stores.  I haven't seen a single AR, AK, or anything else on the racks of any gun stores. It's all deer rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

I am going to try and get back there this Thanksgiving.  This time I will be able to take some toys with me and look forward to doing some shooting.  

Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Bill and Hillary made the black rifles go fast.  Yes, it is hard to find them at gun shows.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Not that it was that nice of a place to shoot anyhow, but the public range in Monroe has been closed.  It's closed because a parish tax wasn't renewed and the Sheriff pulled all non-essential services.  It may reopen around deer season (only on the weekends).  I imagine it will be packed on the days it's open.

And yes, you can't hardly find a place that sells "black rifles" around here.  I ordered mine from a friend with a FFL.  The only store that I've ever seen with one is Diamond Gun and Outdoor (used to be Diamond Pawn).

CR
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a member called 301toSRT that is from the Monroe area. You might want to IM him for some general info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top