Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:32:21 PM EDT

I am curious if there are any ARFCOM folks living in the Monroe, Louisiana area. I am originally from Bastrop/Monroe, but have been in the military for the last 29 years. I still have close family living in the area and get back there occasionally. When I do get back I am amazed that there is so little interest in black rifles at any of the gun stores. I haven't seen a single AR, AK, or anything else on the racks of any gun stores. It's all deer rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

I am going to try and get back there this Thanksgiving. This time I will be able to take some toys with me and look forward to doing some shooting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:45:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bladerunner:
I am curious if there are any ARFCOM folks living in the Monroe, Louisiana area. I am originally from Bastrop/Monroe, but have been in the military for the last 29 years. I still have close family living in the area and get back there occasionally. When I do get back I am amazed that there is so little interest in black rifles at any of the gun stores. I haven't seen a single AR, AK, or anything else on the racks of any gun stores. It's all deer rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

I am going to try and get back there this Thanksgiving. This time I will be able to take some toys with me and look forward to doing some shooting.

Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:49:28 PM EDT
Bill and Hillary made the black rifles go fast. Yes, it is hard to find them at gun shows.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 2:57:29 PM EDT by CR_OPSO]

Not that it was that nice of a place to shoot anyhow, but the public range in Monroe has been closed. It's closed because a parish tax wasn't renewed and the Sheriff pulled all non-essential services. It may reopen around deer season (only on the weekends). I imagine it will be packed on the days it's open.

And yes, you can't hardly find a place that sells "black rifles" around here. I ordered mine from a friend with a FFL. The only store that I've ever seen with one is Diamond Gun and Outdoor (used to be Diamond Pawn).

CR
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:14:39 PM EDT
There is a member called 301toSRT that is from the Monroe area. You might want to IM him for some general info.
Top Top