Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:17:02 AM EDT
I have an IMI .40 Compact/Baby Eagle  that's having some major problems.

I have two magazines for the gun. One of the mags was purchased with the gun five years ago and the other was purchased last month. The magazine that originally came with the gun is 100% reliable. I have fired over a thousand rounds with that magazine without a single malfunction. However, the gun is not reliable with the new magazine. The magazine feeds the ammo perfectly, so you know that's never been the problem.  Here's what happens: After the last round is fired and the slide comes back so the magazine follower hits the slide stop lever, it doesn't catch on it correctly. Instead of the follower lifting the slide stop lever up like should, it presses so hard that it pushes right past it. The follower being on the right of the slide stop lever while the slide is back causes the slide stop lever to come part of the way out of the gun, making it impossible to move the slide forward or take the magazine out. It's a very strange and serious problem.

The only difference between the two magazines is that the newer one seems to have a taller follower. I contacted IMI and showed them a pic of the magazine and they said it was indeed their magazine. I explained the problem and they said they'd need $150 just to look it, not including repair costs. There is NO WAY  I'm going to pay that on a $400 pistol!

The only thing I have left to try taking to a local gun smith in the Portland area. I have looked at  different magazines for this pistol, but the all of the followers look like the new magazine and not the original one.

Do any of you know who I should contact for a problem like this?

Thanks in advance,
Rekced
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny problem.  Have you tried simply filing down the follower on the new mag to make it like to old one?

FWIW, I have a full size Baby Eagle .40.  Shoots good but the trigger is kinda funny.  

IMI ain't cheap.  Just bought two screws for my Desert Eagle (the big'un) from them for $15.  Two #@%&ing screws!  I had no choice:  Proprietary thread size and pitch...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I am confused. You say the factory mag runs 100% and the other does not but you say its not the mag...

Try another mag.

If you are in Hood River in the near future I would be happy to look at it.
CH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top