Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 8:22:48 PM EDT
I have an upper coming to finish off my AR, any practical type matches around?  I used to shoot NRA Highpower at Douglas Ridge a couple of decades ago, I have no idea whats around here anymore.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Goodness yes.  There is a growing number of people that meet on the second saturday of every month (like today) at the Tri-County Gun Club outside of Sherwood for practical rifle matches.  I have yet to go, but plan on attending in September.  

I'm sure you'll get more responses from those in the know, but you can start visiting the local practical match website for more details.

Cheers,
-Dave
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
+2
Read thru this forum as there are many topics about the practical matches at Tri County on the second sat of every month as mentioned(thanks Dave!)

We just had one yesterday which was a classic battle rifle match, in whihc you were encouraged to shoot a CBR, made before 1945. I and 7 others shot bolt guns, tons of garands, M1 carbines, a thompson and even a BAR. It was a w00t~!

Next month is business as usual, high speed low drag.. Keep an eye on the forum as there is usually a "whos going" thread the week before.

CH
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be sure to watch out for it.  I hope I can make it for next month.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top