BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2003 8:55:25 AM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=183464&page=1

You may want to contact green18 if you know him
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone from the West side of the Austin area?

A member from Fredericksburg has went AWOL on a rifle deal!

Any help would be appreciated from our NY brethren.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
his name is josh, bunch of us met him at the gulf coast shoot i put on a while back, seemed to be a real good guy...................

his cell phone # is (edited it out, IM me for it)
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
and he works for benchmark mortgage.............
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, got your e mail and called his cell and left a message.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Called Benchmark Mortgage and talked to thier nat. HQ and with the HR rep and she searched the company directory and found no Joshua Mayo listed as working for the company.  This is not looking good.  I think it's time to talk to the postal inspector.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
BREAKING NEWS!
   I just called his FFL again and they informed that minutes ago Joshs' father dropped off a rilfe for shipping to my FFL!  The fellow at Dry Creek Sporting Goods told me that Josh' father paid him for all the money that he owed him and that the rifle will go out tomorrow!  He went on to say that "Josh is not a very reliable young man"!  Keep your fingers crossed and I'll update you as I have more news.
   Thanks so much to all my brothers in Texas who so generously have helped out and when I am in Austin next March for a wedding I want to get together buy all you guys a few drinks!!!!!

Tim
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#7]
:(  - I want my money back.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#8]
SON OF A .....  I sent that guy $61.20!!!!

On 20 october I received this Email:

William,

I'm really sorry about the delay.  I had to leave town and did'nt get back until late last night.  I have your pouches boxed up and am going to take them to the Fedex place this afternoon.  Please don't despair and don't worry, I'm a man of my word and you'll get your pouches shortly.  Thanks and again I apologize for the delay.

Josh

Still waiting....

Original ad:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=183466
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel bad for you guys.  
Hopefully everything will work out ok...
In this day and age its pretty hard not to find at least a couple mins in your day to send out an e-mail to people who have paid in advance for something.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SON OF A .....  I sent that guy $61.20!!!!

On 20 october I received this Email:

William,

I'm really sorry about the delay.  I had to leave town and did'nt get back until late last night.  I have your pouches boxed up and am going to take them to the Fedex place this afternoon.  Please don't despair and don't worry, I'm a man of my word and you'll get your pouches shortly.  Thanks and again I apologize for the delay.

Josh

Still waiting....

Original ad:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=183466

I got the same email and still no smoke. I think were screwed.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, Not that I am resigning to defeat, but, as a footnote this is my FIRST "BAD" deal on AR15.com.

I looked at the guys post count and 'assumed' he was a man of integrity.  Won't make that mistake again....

I won't let this bad-apple spoil how I hold other people on here, just more wary in the way I conduct business.

RALLYWAGON-  Sorry to hear that you got screwed as well.  I called the guys cell phone and left a message.  I will be refuting the payment via PAYPAL.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I received an email from JOSH today with his apologies, and a tracking number for a UPS package.   Should be here TUESDAY.

I will update if I get what I paid for and if not also.

THANKS TO ALL!

William
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE!!!!

I received my items that I paid for from this original ad: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=183466

Items #2 & #4 were as described.  I received the items via UPS 2nd day air today.  Not too bad of a delay from payment to shipping, considering I have waited longer for stuff from Ebay.

IYAOYAS467 contacted me via email, after I filed a complaint via PAYPAL, and explained that he had some personal difficulties & circumstances that recently prevented him from fulfilling his obligation.  He even went as far as to offer a partial refund, in addition to the extra expense of shipping the items 2nd day air.  I refused the partial refund, as I believe that he had a rough time of late, and that he does in fact have integrity.

Thank you to all for your assistance and kind words.  Well, I guess I am back to ZERO bad deals from AR15.com, not to invite MURPHY to rain on my parade or anything....
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to see that I this seems to be working out for everyone.
I think the offer to give back some of your money was a nice gester. Especially if he is having a tough time right now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#15]
ive met josh, though only once, he seemed like a hell of a guy, i was sure from the start there were circumstances and that he wasn't just out to fuck people, FWIW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top