Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2010 6:21:13 AM EDT
I've recently been shooting out at Teneroc in Lakeland which is a nice range, but I'd like to try shooting farther than 100 yards with my Savage 10FP.  The Manatee range is only about an hour drive for me.  I've been checking out their website, and it looks like a cool place to join.  Is anyone a member there?  I'd like to learn about the various matches (action pistol, rimfire benchrest, long range, etc)that they hold there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a member, but it is a nice range. You won't be sorry if you make the trip.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes
I have been member for 4 years
Also club officer
I am there most Sundays
I shoot mostly CMP service rifle with  mix of 1K steel / F class and 3 gun mixed in
Email me if I can help you with amything
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a member, but I'm pretty sure this is where I went for a long range shoot once.  It wasn't the 8" gong shoot they have listed, it was 3" clays glued to cardboard (didn't hit a dang thing, lol).  Still, was a ton of fun.  I've been itching to get out and shoot there again.  Nice range.  I think the folks at SnipersHide get together there on a regular basis.  Pretty sure the shoot I went to was one they put together.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
not a member but a regular shooter in the summer months. Gunny is a great guy. you wont regret making the trip.
Alex
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I also have been a member of The Manatee Gun Club for a few years and it is in my home County. I echo what the others have posted here about the range being a great a place and Mr. President Gunny is a very good man, heck I have witnessed him help so many others there, he most definately knows weapons and is a really nice guy. I believe they have the raffle still going on for an M1 (I think) rifle for $5 a ticket, unless they sold out since last Friday, that was when I was riding one of my Harleys around out East, so I stopped by to re-up my membership dues again. Excellent range and staff and the 1000 yd part of the range is big bonus considering how few 1k yd ranges are around.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good.  I'm going to try to make it down there on Sunday to check it out.  If not this week, then defenitely next week.  I can't wait to stretch the legs out on my .308.  Shooting groups at 100 yards with the .308 is getting boring (not to mention expensive); my 17hmr can do that for a lot cheaper.  I probably won't hit crap, but it will be fun trying...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if this particular club has an action range or an area where shooters are permitted to move and shoot?  Perhaps draw and fire?  Maybe fire at a rate faster than one round per two seconds?  If so, are there any limitations on calibers, such as pistols only in the action range or velocity less than 2000 fps in the action range?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
3 gun this Sat
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
You can give them a call in regards to any questions at Phone number 941-322-0055 on their hours of operation - Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun 9 AM - 5 PM or email them from their website at www.manateegunclub.com.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if this particular club has an action range or an area where shooters are permitted to move and shoot?  Perhaps draw and fire?  Maybe fire at a rate faster than one round per two seconds?  If so, are there any limitations on calibers, such as pistols only in the action range or velocity less than 2000 fps in the action range?

Check this out at the north end of lake O

http://www.okshooting.com
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I have been a member for several years and I am also a range officer.  It is a great place to shoot.  I go ahead and drive the hour from Brandon because it is worth it.

We don't run it like Range Nazis and everybody tries to be helpful.  Gene is great at running the place, however watch out for Mitt because he is an 80 year old ex Cav officer that will kick your ass if you piss him off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't get a chance to make it there last weekend and it looks like I won't have time tomorrow either .  I might have to take a day off of work (Thurs or Fri) to make it down there.  It sounds like a great range.  I've got a feeling that I will be joining since it really isn't much farther of a drive for me than Teneroc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top