Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:06:26 AM EDT

Any local shops that have Ruger Mark III 22/45 Smiths?

I'm interested in getting a Mark III 22/45 and I'd like someone to put in the Volquartsen aqurizing kit, bushing swap to eliminate the magazine disconnect and any other tricks that need to be done...

Like maybe the

Target Sear

Titanium Disconnector

Bolt etc...

Not really sure, open to suggestion on addional mods.

I wanna do it up kinda nice like... :)

I just shoot'em, I don't trust myself with the Innards on these and I would like someone that know what they are doing to hook it up and test it to make sure its not going to be a Jamo'matic...

I shot one a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it... In talking to the owner it had a lightened trigger and a few other things done too it and I'd like to do something similar.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I can do the work if you want.  I can also set you up with the can for it
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I can do the work if you want. I can also set you up with the can for it

Sweet!!!  It'll be a few weeks...

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I did the VQ sear, LCI delete, and mag safety mods at my kitchen table. About 30 minutes all together. Use the manufacturers' instructions and YouTube.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did the VQ sear, LCI delete, and mag safety mods at my kitchen table. About 30 minutes all together. Use the manufacturers' instructions and YouTube.

This. You should never involve a gunsmith until you have completely screwed it up. Then bring it to the smith with at least one missing part and bunch of metal ground off of something important.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. You should never involve a gunsmith until you have completely screwed it up. Then bring it to the smith with at least one missing part and bunch of metal ground off of something important.

I hate this but its so true.

I did all the work on my 2245 perfectly. Lastly I was going to "simply" replace the front site. The rear drifted out great so I'm thinking I got this shit down. I go to remove the front site screw, using the proper screwdriver, and stripped the head out. No problem, I thought' I got a bad ass drill press and all the tools to fix it. On the first pilot hold things went terribly bad and just kept getting worse the more I tried to remove that damn screw.

Much drinking, swearing and gnashing of teeth followed. Then I got to do the gun shop walk of shame with my tricked out nail driver with a front sight section that looked like hammered dog shit.

Moral for me since: lets at least let the gunsmith look at it first.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
They are very easy to work on. I would be glad to help you do it yourself. It gives you a better idea how they work. I can also hook you up with one of these for it:

(black not available, currently)

Brian
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They are very easy to work on. I would be glad to help you do it yourself. It gives you a better idea how they work. I can also hook you up with one of these for it:

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af268/bjtraz/SlideRacker005.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af268/bjtraz/SlideRacker002.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af268/bjtraz/SlideRacker001.jpg

(black not available, currently)

Brian

That's pretty cool.  

You make those???

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't make them, but designed them & sell. I got a guy who water jets them out of aircraft aluminum.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Price? Would be intrested in Balck once they are back in stock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
$33.00 shipped

Black is just waiting on a source for anodizing. Know anyone local to St.L, or w/a shipping option?

Brian
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

$33.00 shipped

Black is just waiting on a source for anodizing. Know anyone local to St.L, or w/a shipping option?

Brian

http://www.archwayanodize.com/

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, I sent them an email.

Brian
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top