Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 6:00:33 PM EDT
need night sight installations for a Taurus PT145, Vertec and AR I (will) have the night sights I just need the  installation.

Also need someone to fix that taurus, prefereably a taurus authorized person, I think i hurt it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
need night sight installations for a Taurus PT145, Vertec and AR I (will) have the night sights I just need the  installation.

Also need someone to fix that taurus, prefereably a taurus authorized person, I think i hurt it.

For that Taurus I'd sent it back to Taurus (lifetime warranty) and I've never heard of an 'authorized armorers/gunsmiths' for Taurus.

By this time next year I plan on being certified by Bushmaster, Glock, Beretta, SIG, & HK.  Though I do parts changes and trigger work on 4 of the 5 now.  Check with Hydguy I'm sure he or VA Arms can install your sights.  I could but I don't have the sight tools as of yet.  ARs (front is a piece of cake) a chimp could do it. The rear sights a little more involved but nothing Hoplophile/LRT couldn't do within 10 minutes I'm sure.  LRT doesn't really count as a WECSOG he was a USMC 2112.  Having a 2112 change a sight on an AR is kinda like having Dale Ernhardt Jr test drive your car at 50mph.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on everything gotm4 said.

Danny

P.S. hope you are all well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Doing fine Danny, going to make Hite Hollow?

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The taurus is actually leaving for Taurus this week, got my return authorizatoin and everything.  It's a nice little gun and what I did to it doesn't even qualify as WECSOG.  Suffice to say, the amgazine release spring and button are NOT the best designed.  (makes me wonder bout its new big brother...).

I'll bother VA arms first, they seem very professional and competent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The taurus is actually leaving for Taurus this week, got my return authorizatoin and everything.  It's a nice little gun and what I did to it doesn't even qualify as WECSOG.  Suffice to say, the amgazine release spring and button are NOT the best designed.  (makes me wonder bout its new big brother...).

I'll bother VA arms first, they seem very professional and competent.

Bernie at VA Arms is good.  

Is it that you just can't get the mag catch back in?  I've never taken one out of a Taurus but a Beretta can be VERY tricky until you learn the secret.  On a Beretta the spring stays in the mag catch when you remove it from it's frame, so in essence it comes out as a unit and can be reversed for lefty etc.  I don't know if Military armorers even take the mag catch apart or just replace it as a unit or not.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I cannot explain to you how it works  there is clearly also a 'trick' that i don't know here.  I thought long and hard, but I could only think of 4,324,690 better ways to have done it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is it that you just can't get the mag catch back in?  I've never taken one out of a Taurus but a Beretta can be VERY tricky until you learn the secret.  On a Beretta the spring stays in the mag catch when you remove it from it's frame, so in essence it comes out as a unit and can be reversed for lefty etc.  I don't know if Military armorers even take the mag catch apart or just replace it as a unit or not.

The Taurus is completely different from the Beretta and dirt simple.  It is on the 92/99/100/101 pistols at any rate.  Just knock the roll pin out and the whole thing can be pushed out either side and no finger f$&*ing the mag well to remove or install it.   It is designed to be easy to remove so that it can be swapped right or left.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
not so on the pt145.  the spring is (like glock) a piece of metal, but its sooo thin and tiny and barely long enough.  The mag button is IMPOSSIBLY shaped and........ I simply and truthfully am so frustrated that just typing this makes my stomach turn.  I mean that.  I'm getting ill, I don't wanna talk about it, I just want it fixed so i can sell it.  And I was gonna get a 24/7 too, but now.....   (this is one of those things that someone with half a brain would figure out in a asec and will end up carrying this piece as a primary carry gun for life.)
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah, the PT series are very different.  Here's the instructions to swap the release to the left side.

Unload! Remove the slide assy and set it aside. Remove the two pins above the trigger and then lift the front of the rails up and off the grip. The trigger and all the mechanisms will come off. The spring (item 32 on the exploded view of parts in the manual) fits in a slot in the front of the mag well. Pull it straight up to remove it from the mag release. Note that it is directional and will need to be installed "flipped over" from how it came out. The mag release (item 36) can now be slid out. You will notice that it has a hole on the top in one end and a cutout in the top on the other end. Flip it over and it is identical on the other side. The longer side of the spring with the crook goes in the hole. Put the release in the way you want it and reinsert the spring making sure to put the longer side of the spring toward the hole in the release and making sure the spring is back in the grooves.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Note that it is directional this is abolutely ridiculous.and will need to be installed "flipped over" from how it came out. The mag release (item 36) can now be slid out. You will notice that it has a hole on the top in one end and a cutout in the top on the other end. Flip it over and it is identical on the other side. The longer side of the spring with the crook goes in the hole.there's about a quarter micrometer of spring enough to get into mag button.  IMPOSSIBLE Put the release in Good luck putting the mag button back in.  IMPOSSIBLE.  It won't fit just going in.  Like a couch thorugh a doorway, you have to angle it, then do this, then twist and do that then swear like a sailor and down half a liter of scotch.  (it's in the manual).the way you want it and reinsert the spring making sure to put the longer side of the spring toward the hole in the release and making sure the spring is back in the grooves.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Doing fine Danny, going to make Hite Hollow?

www.artie.com/20030826/arg-roadster-207x165-url.gif

I'm going to try. If it is a nice day I might work in our Family Cemetery some more, need to get it done before the brush starts growing again.

Danny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top