Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 11:50:49 AM EDT
What bow do you shoot ??  Carbon or aluminum ??  Where do you hunt and what for ???
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got an old browning bow and I shoot Beeman carbon arrows with rocket expandable broadheads at big gnarly whitetails.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Got any pics of those monsters ???    Where do you hunt ??    
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Hoyt Enticer Carbonite (one of Hoyt's 1st split limbs), shoot game tracker express 400s with 100 grain Thunderheads, bow set at 82lbs. I have shot expandables before, but was unhappy with the penetration. The thunderheads are a little harder to tune but are worth it. I severed the spinal cord of a 151" P&Y buck with one blade. I would have been crying in my beer had I been using expandables. The Gods of bowhunting were with me that day. I hunt in Central and southern IL, mostly whitetails and the occasional coyote that shows up while on stand.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  I used to lease 400 acres near Augusta, IL.  But we finally lost that deal.  Best big buck habitat any of us has EVER seen.  I've taken a couple elk out in New Mexico also.  Now that is some fun huntin' ! ! !
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top