Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 6:26:12 AM EDT
I read the post below about living in Iowa, but I was wondering if there are any others or our ranks in Ames. I will be moving there at the end of this month from Colorado (kinda backwards).

See ya there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe mad professor and ameshawki are both in Ames.  Snipe is about 20 miles away and I'm about 40. Where abouts in Colorado are you coming from?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Mad Professor is from a small town near Cherokee, and is currently living in Sioux City while attending school.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Mad Professor is from a small town near Cherokee, and is currently living in Sioux City while attending school.

Yep

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep about 20 m away.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm currently living in Ames, but will be moving to Ankeny (about 15-20 miles away). I love the Ikes Walton range, with up to 200 yds...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Booger-hooker, I'll be comming from Canon City. I haven't seen the range yet, but it will be high on my list. I am still looking for places, so I might end up in one of the nearby towns like Boone, ect.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Why yes, as matter of fact, Ameshawki does live in Ames. Owns a black rifle.  Will, mine is actually more green than black.  Fair number of AR owners in the area.  

Member out at the Ames Izaak Walton League. President as a matter of fact, at least until October.  Neat place, we do run CMP matches once in a while. Just got affiliated a couple of years ago.  For "serious" competition need to go the Des Moines Rifle and Revolver CLub at Van Meter, about 20 miles west of Des Moines.  A real 600 yard rifle range.  Lots of matches.  One, no wait, three matches out there this weekend.  

Welcome to the Hawkeye State!

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I live in Nevada IA, about 10 miles east of Ames.  Ames Ikes is a nice range with a lot of good people.  Competitive highpower rifle shooting is done at Van Meter (near Des Moines) but if you like IDPA pistol there are 4 ranges with in a half hour of Ames that shoot these also.  Most of those run a 3 gun match at least once a year.

BDM
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#9]
im moving to Des Moines next month, about 20 min from Ames.

hmm, speaking of that....
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
BDM, I was just looking at a couple of places to rent in Nevada but ended up getting a place in south Ames. Mabey I'll get to meet you at the range after I get settled in.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top