Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 5:05:47 PM EDT
Thought I'd ask here before I bothered to call the local. Looking  for wage and work forecast info. "Considering" a temporary move to someplace warm with lots of opportunity for work.  
TIA
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this isn't exactly what you were asking for.... but....

I'm IBEW... the work outlook for the next 6-8 years is GREAT.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Any idea what journeyman carpenter wages are there?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Not off hand but I'll ask tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Ex  Union Carpenter local 1977,  As sparky stated you have a good 6-8 years of excellent work.  Wages are currently  32.53 an hour on the check.. + vacation which is over 1.25 an hour...  I just confirmed hour wage but lady at hall didn't have the amount of vacation add on available but when I got out it was 1.25 and she said it's higher now..  She said to call around 3pm PST as this is the best time to catch the business agents and they can give you everything you need.  

Here's the contact info  Local 1977

Carpenters Local Union 1977
501 N. Lamb Blvd., Ste.#2,
Las Vegas, NV, 89110-6345
Telephone: (702)531-1805

Local Office open:
Monday Thru Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM

Sparky I sent you an IM...

John P..
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are a finish Carpenter you can go to work as soon as you check in at the union. I have been a union Carpenter since 1981. We have boomers her from as far away as the Montreal local and we more.
 Formwork Carpenters with rigging exp,(flying forms and gang forms) are also in short supply. Layout carpenters with total station exp. are routinely getting over scale with the OT.
 E-mail me, we'll see what we can do for ya, Ronzo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top