Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 5:25:58 AM EDT
Or anyone have recommendations?  Cobb County shut off my water yesterday due to water at the curb and the meter was showing over 2GPM flow, so I'm probably facing an expensive bill (I have no plumbing experience other than PVC irrigation lines and replacing some toilet valves).  I'm about to go get a T-wrench so I can turn it back on and try to find the leak, or at least verify that there is one (my teenage daughter WAS home at the time, but didn't answer the doorbell).  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Call "The Plumber"  770-941-7411. They are out of east Douglas Co. The owner is a member here but doesn't post much.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Call "The Plumber"  770-941-7411. They are out of east Douglas Co. The owner is a member here but doesn't post much.

is that the guy who is always at creekside?  he a white F350?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
after you get it fixed, take the repair bill down to the water dept and see if they will give you a one time adjustment

Post back what you find once yo get the water back on
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely a leak, over 2GPM while the house valve is shut.  Have to wait for utilities to be marked and for someone to find the pipe before we start digging, the sewer line in the same general part of the yard was 8' down when I had to get a chunk replaced a few years ago.  This will not be cheap, although the estimate is for less than the sewer line cost me.

Quoted:

after you get it fixed, take the repair bill down to the water dept and see if they will give you a one time adjustment

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
my water supply line was about 6-8" below the ground....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Definitely a leak, over 2GPM while the house valve is shut.  Have to wait for utilities to be marked and for someone to find the pipe before we start digging, the sewer line in the same general part of the yard was 8' down when I had to get a chunk replaced a few years ago.  This will not be cheap, although the estimate is for less than the sewer line cost me.
Quoted:

If it is just a dig down and fix the leak, I can get you in touch with a guy

a whole line replacement he can't do, though
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Bmarc69 on here is a plumber. Very honest and wont screw you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

is that the guy who is always at creekside?  he a white F350?

Nope. I think that is the guy Joe is talking about.
Steve is the owner and is usually to busy with a shitty job to shoot much.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Resolved...

Had the entire line replaced, Dupree Plumbing was fairly close by and I'd already called them before any recommendations were made here, they subcontracted with L & M Underground Utilities to bore a new line through my yard, took less than three hours for the entire job.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top