Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:44:57 PM EDT
Wow, this would be the time to open carry - show them how little sense the CCW prohibition is. If anyone could make it to talk some sense to these people, that would be cool.

Dear Concealed Carry Supporter,
The anti-gun crowd has kicked off their efforts to again keep law-abiding Wisconsin citizens from having the right to protect themselves and their families. Tomorrow is an "informational seminar" on their view of concealed weapons, open to the public.

We hope to have a bill draft of the 2005 Personal Protection Act back from the drafter in the upcoming weeks, and ready for public hearings this fall. We will continue to keep you posted. Thanks for your patience!

Senator Dave Zien

Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 10:10 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Please Join Us: Thursday, August 11th
Please Join Us: Thursday, August 11th
WAVE Educational Fund
will be hosting an informational seminar.
“Carrying Concealed Weapons in America;
Implications for Wisconsin”
1:00pm – 3:00pm
The Inn on the Park (In Capitol Square)
22 South Carroll St.
Madison, WI 53703
Open to the public
Refreshment provided
In accordance with Wisconsin State Ethics boards rules Legislators and staff are asked to donate $5.00 for refreshments.

RSVP Appreciated.
For more information contact:
WAVE Educational Fund (414)351-9283 or [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You're late by a couple days.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap, I just got that email today! Damn, it was the 11th! My old school account must be FUBAR.

Well, did anyone go
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, did anyone go

+1

I saw some clips on the news. Typical left wing slant on everything of course.

Some cop saying how he fails to see how more guns on the streets equates to lower crime

And then some left wing moonbat woman saying something along the lines of, "What kind of message are we sending our children when we pass laws like this that says they must live in an armed society in order to be safe."

Uh, how about the message that WE HAVE A FUCKING 2ND AMENDMENT TO THE CONSITITUTION and that despite the fact that the left wing mornons would like to lull you into a false sense of security that the world is a great place to live in and world peace is actually possible, there ARE evil people out there and there ARE criminals out there and the police aren't obligated to protect you. And even if they were, they aren't always going to BE THERE to protect you when you need it.

And how about treaching our kids RESPONSIBILITY with guns? And that INANIMATE objects aren't evil and can't commit crimes.

Yeah, I'm preaching to the choir here. It just pisses me off at how stupid these people are.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
You hit the nail on the head.Thats why i doubt will ever get CCW here in wi because of all the stupid people here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, I feel really sorry for you folks. I loved WI, but damn, I won't be going back anytime soon. My SD pistol permit took 10 mins including the paper work and the phonce call, a temporary was issued on the spot, cost $10 for 4 years. The Sheriff didn't ask any questions, and we actually had a nice long chat after I got my permit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You hit the nail on the head.Thats why i doubt will ever get CCW here in wi because of all the stupid people here.

Take a look at what's happened in other states over the past ten years, and take a look at the writing on the wall from recent WI court decisions. We'll get CCW here within the next few years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Is anyone interested in a open carry walk or is this a dead horse? I e mailed bucher about how to do this properly and got no response from him.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is anyone interested in a open carry walk or is this a dead horse? I e mailed bucher about how to do this properly and got no response from him.

You may get one still, it's not an overnight thing. Keep on him about it and when you get a responce let us know. I'm still interested in it. I think it's about the only way it's going to get done is if WE do it. Everyone else is to busy worrying about thier own shit to want to do something that wasn't their idea.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may get one still, it's not an overnight thing. Keep on him about it and when you get a responce let us know. I'm still interested in it. I think it's about the only way it's going to get done is if WE do it. Everyone else is to busy worrying about thier own shit to want to do something that wasn't their idea.

Definitely, keep it it - I'd try giving him a call. He could just be on vacation. Tell him that you're going to do it, its just a matter of where. He's said on the record he's a pro CCW guy, here's his chance to put his money where his mouth is. It's not really how to do it properly - we know how to do that - we have the legal aspects, and we all know how to carry firearms safely.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
There should be more than two of us doing the open carry march don't you think?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
There will be. If someone can at least hammer out a place they feel comfortable doing this, and can tell others its ok with the DA and police, people will come. I know a lot of SAFER folk from UW Madison will make the trip, and I've got a large email list of people all the way out to MN and IL who have said they want to help.

But. in order to get those people there, you first have to find a "safe place" to hold the rally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top