Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2008 8:32:30 PM EDT
All I can say is that I'm hoping my Avs (NHL for all you non-rink rats) get the season started right, because this year's football season, pro and college is not going to be kind to Ohioans.  

The Bengals lost another one.  I guess when you lose to the Super Bowl Champs in overtime, that's pretty good...except you don't get points or anything like that.  As far as the playoffs are concerned, they might as well have gotten blown out of the water.  Seriously though, what the heck was that nonsense at the end of regulation today?  They probably could have gotten an extra play in and gone for the win before setting for a field goal. I couldn't believe how much time they just wasted.

Of course, I really don't care much about the Bengals.  I'm a Browns fan.  I don't even want to talk about today.  Does Crennel even care about the games he coaches in?  He often seems mildly disinterested.  I don't think I've ever seen the guy shown an ounce of emotion.  Not sure why he's even still coaching.

Then there's the sordid state of OSU football.  Sorry guys, I don't think the USC game was a fluke.  How many times in the past 3 or 4 years have we seen OSU squeak by some unranked team by a touchdown or a late field goal?  This team plays an incredibly weak schedule, and are probably going to be in trouble when they play Penn State.  Its hard not to like Tressel...but beat Michigan is no longer good enough.  This team needs to learn how to play with the big boys.

So I say, bring on hockey.  I'll root for the Blue Jackets when the Avs aren't on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 3:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Bengals versus Browns = 0-0 tie in OT.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If its not World Rallye Cup or Formula 1 I don't normally waste my time. I do love my Buckeyes, but with the weather as of late I'm not home to watch OSU.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I gave up on professional sports years ago.

I'm a huge Ohio State fan.   I'm not pissed off for losing to USC, I'm pissed off for losing big.

I don't know why Tressel didn'tmixed things up a bit.  could you imagine the potential if he started Bekman at QB and put in Pryer in the backfield?  All you have to do is pitch it out to Pryor, let him run a few times, then when the defense tries to cheat, lob it over their heads to an open receiver.  You could create a whole offense around that strategy.  Think about how hard that would be to defend.

But, no... as usual, we are way too conservative on offense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2008 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I gave up on professional sports years ago.

I'm a huge Ohio State fan.   I'm not pissed off for losing to USC, I'm pissed off for losing big.

I don't know why Tressel didn'tmixed things up a bit.  could you imagine the potential if he started Bekman at QB and put in Pryer in the backfield?  All you have to do is pitch it out to Pryor, let him run a few times, then when the defense tries to cheat, lob it over their heads to an open receiver.  You could create a whole offense around that strategy.  Think about how hard that would be to defend.

But, no... as usual, we are way too conservative on offense.

seriously USC is a damn good football team but the way they played that game was terrible.  I was saying to people before the game Tressel should put Beckman in and Pryor in the back field if he wanted to keep it close but it didn't happen.  Now Beckman is going to ride the bench and a freshman is going to quarterback the team.
Link Posted: 9/28/2008 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey!  At least the Browns pulled off a win today!
Link Posted: 9/28/2008 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
These Bengals are fucking killing me.

PLEASE fire Marvin Lewis and Bob Bratkowski.
Link Posted: 9/28/2008 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I knew it was when there was 13 minutes left, and the Bengals had no time outs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew it was when there was 13 minutes left, and the Bengals had no time outs.

We left the game when Lewis jumped over the pile to score.  We knew then that they were not coming back.  Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Go Browns
and take the Indians with you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
All I can say is that I'm hoping my Avs (NHL for all you non-rink rats) get the season started right, because this year's football season, pro and college is not going to be kind to Ohioans.  

So I say, bring on hockey.  I'll root for the Blue Jackets when the Avs aren't on.

Wow, you and I must have been seperated at birth!  I am a huge hockey fan, it's the best sport on the planet IMO.  My favorite teams are Colorado and Columbus.  Being a huge fan longer than a team's been in Ohio, I can 't turn my back on my Av's!  the Blue Jackets come in a close second.

For football, I am a Browns fan for life.  I was really hoping for some great things this year, but it doesn't look good.  Actually, it looks horrid!  Their only win was against the 0-4 Bengals w/ a backup QB.  With all the prime time games they have this year, I just hope they don't get embarrased... like this coming Monday against the undefeted Giants.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, you and I must have been seperated at birth!  I am a huge hockey fan, it's the best sport on the planet IMO.  My favorite teams are Colorado and Columbus.  Being a huge fan longer than a team's been in Ohio, I can 't turn my back on my Av's!  the Blue Jackets come in a close second.

For football, I am a Browns fan for life.  I was really hoping for some great things this year, but it doesn't look good.  Actually, it looks horrid!  Their only win was against the 0-4 Bengals w/ a backup QB.  With all the prime time games they have this year, I just hope they don't get embarrased... like this coming Monday against the undefeted Giants.

I grew up in Fostoria, Oh.  We had CBC, which is the Canadian Broadcasting Channel.  I used to watch Hockey Night in Canada and always rooted for Montreal.  When they traded Patrick Roy to Colorado, my loyalty pretty much went with him.

Honestly, I think the Browns and Bengals both could  use some major shakeups.  Marvin Lewis needs to get canned, and I really don't even know what to say about the Browns.  Play Quinn or trade him for something.  Anderson was awful the last few weeks, IMO.

Link Posted: 10/9/2008 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up in Fostoria, Oh.  We had CBC, which is the Canadian Broadcasting Channel.  I used to watch Hockey Night in Canada and always rooted for Montreal.  When they traded Patrick Roy to Colorado, my loyalty pretty much went with him.

Honestly, I think the Browns and Bengals both could  use some major shakeups.  Marvin Lewis needs to get canned, and I really don't even know what to say about the Browns.  Play Quinn or trade him for something.  Anderson was awful the last few weeks, IMO.

Wow... exactly the same as me.  I too was a huge Roy fan.  Played goalie in backyard street hockey with my friends because of him... which lead me to playing ice hockey, though not goalie.  I have a poster of him in his old Habs uniform.  Anyway, when they traded him to Colorado, I went with him... been with them since.

I went to college near Fostoria and we got CBC too.  Don Cherry was too much, haha. I don't get it anymore, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow... exactly the same as me.  I too was a huge Roy fan.  Played goalie in backyard street hockey with my friends because of him... which lead me to playing ice hockey, though not goalie.  I have a poster of him in his old Habs uniform.  Anyway, when they traded him to Colorado, I went with him... been with them since.

I went to college near Fostoria and we got CBC too.  Don Cherry was too much, haha. I don't get it anymore, unfortunately.

Which college?
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Bowling Green...
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
The best thing the browns could do is fire crenell and hire cower. I hate to see what is gonna happen to the brownies monday night against the giants. Oh and by the way I havent missed a browns game since I was 4 yrs old.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The best thing the browns could do is fire crenell and hire cower. I hate to see what is gonna happen to the brownies monday night against the giants. Oh and by the way I havent missed a browns game since I was 4 yrs old.

Well, looks like somebody saved their job for a little while.

BTW, I recent switched from Time Warner to AT&T for my cable service.  I ordered the Sports package so I could watch hockey from around the league.  Strangely enough, about 95 percent of the games are unavailable due to blackout restrictions.   Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quite surprising...though another serious contest next Sunday on the road versus the Redskins.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bengals fan myself..I surely feel your pain.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top