Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:58:25 PM EDT
Yeah, we don't need CCW, ESPECIALLY in Milwaukee!!!!
I don't need to tell youse guys about the north side.........

I think every rep in WI should see this article, along with a reminder that CCW could have saved the innocent party in some of these crimes.

www.jsonline.com/news/metro/dec05/380701.asp

Man dragged from car, beaten by group of young men
Victim in critical condition; he had honked his horn at the group in street
By JOHN DIEDRICH
[email protected]
Posted: Dec. 27, 2005
A 50-year-old Milwaukee man suffered "severe head trauma" and is in critical condition today after he was dragged from his car and beaten by a group of 15 young men last night, police said. It is unclear if the man will survive, a police spokeswoman said.

More Information?
The Journal Sentinel is interested in talking to anyone who might have witnessed this beating or who knows the victim, whom police have not identified. Call 414-224-2320 or e-mail.

Also, police are asking that anyone with information call its anonymous tip line at 1-800-78CRIME
Advertisement

A Milwaukee police official earlier today incorrectly characterized the victim's injuries as minor, said department spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz.

She said the man, whom police would not identify, was at Froedtert Lutheran Memorial Hospital in critical condition. Police are treating the case as an attempted homicide, she said. No one has been arrested.

Schwartz gave this account of the incident:

The man was driving in 4700 block of N. 36th St. when he came upon a large group of people standing in the street about 11 p.m. Monday. The man honked his horn. He was then dragged from his car, and beaten and kicked in the body and head. Police received a call of "shots fired" and officers arrived to find the victim lying in the street and the group gone. Police did not find evidence of a shooting.

Officers were told there were as many as 30 people in the street when the man was beaten, Sgt. Melissa Pettke said earlier today.

Police are looking for at least 15 suspects, estimated to be between 16 and 23 years old. Police are asking anyone with information on the crime to call the anonymous We Tip hotline at 1-800-78CRIME.

The beating is similar to a rash of group violence that took place last year when there were four beatings in four weeks, leaving one man dead and three others seriously injured. None of the beatings was related.

David Rutledge, a 54-year-old man with schizophrenia, was robbed and beaten on July 4, 2004. He later died. Six teens were charged. One was convicted, four had charges dropped and one is awaiting trial.

Four days later, a 14-year-old boy was kicked, punched and hit in the head with a piece of lumber after he had exchanged words with a girl on a playground. She summoned older relatives, who allegedly beat the boy.

Two weeks later, a Milwaukee man was beaten by a group of men after a girl in the neighborhood falsely accused him of indecently touching her.

And finally on July 29, 2004, a 16-year-old boy and his brothers were beaten by a group armed with bats, bottles, sticks and socks stuffed with canned food, after someone with the victims called someone a "faggot."
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I e mailed my rep barb toles about this.She won't change her mind.I would of run the BG'S over rather than let them drag me out of my vehicle!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top