Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2005 9:43:08 PM EDT
Anyone in the Altoona/Blair county area. Just wanted to see if there are any gun nuts like me in the area.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I know at least a dozen AR shooters in Blair County. Most don't frequent this forum.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend of mine lives in Hollidaysburg, and owns 2 ARs. He's a member of a Gun Club up near Cresson or Galittzen.

I'm from Huntingsdon County, myself. I own one as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A friend of mine lives in Hollidaysburg, and owns 2 ARs. He's a member of a Gun Club up near Cresson or Galittzen.

I'm from Huntingsdon County, myself. I own one as well.

TravisM1....where's your friend located?  I shoot at the Cresson sportsmans club.  You willing to maybe meet up with your friend up here to shoot?  O yeah...I live in Loretto, Cambria county.  Where are you AR shooters in the Altoona area?  Where do you shoot?  Anyone willing to meet to shoot?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
tusk,

I grew up in Duncansville, and now live in Johnstown.  I am going to be really busy for the next month or so, Hunting season,  But after that I would love to get the ar's out and blast.   Lets keep that in mind for the first of the year.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Any of you know a good place thats AR friendly we could all meet after the holiday season?  I tried to get a group of arfcomers together earlier this year but couldn't find a good location.  What do all of you have firearm wise?  I have a SLR-105, a Colt 6520 ltwt, and a HK-91.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I would if I could get ahold of him. He's an older fellow, retired from the company I used to work for (North American Communications in D-ville). I left there a year ago, but I've tried to keep in touch with the friends I made. Sadly, he was "let go" from his temporary parts ordering job shortly after I left.

He's hard to track down. He's big into Hiking, backpacking and travelling.
He may be a member of the Cresson sportsmans club. I've never been there, but he was telling me they have a pond and a range, and I guess they have a bar in the club.
Again, Ive never been there, so I dont know if its Cresson or Gallitzen Sportsmans.

ETA- At the moment all I have Black-Riflewise is my AR. Its a 16" LMT A2 upper (I know, Ive decided my next will be a flat top), with an LMT LPK in an Oly lower. Post ban, so it has all the neat evil features.
If I get the bonus my employer is saying we should all get, Im in a toss-up between a Glock and another AR.

I'd me more than happy to get together for some blastin' after the first of the year.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
A couple of us do a shoot 3-4 times a year near central city, usually each is 2 days or more - the winter shoot being known as "frozen nutz 200X" since we have had them several years running now ---everything legal is fair game and the last one in sept had quite a bit of class III stuff including an M16, Thompson, Reising SMG, MAC10 to name a few ,,pics herewww.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145641&perpage=30&pagenumber=2 I usually post notice here once a date is set and we will prooly do the next one in Jan or Feb (after hunting season is over out of respect for our hunter brethren) once a date is firm I will let everyone know.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A couple of us do a shoot 3-4 times a year near central city, usually each is 2 days or more - the winter shoot being known as "frozen nutz 200X" since we have had them several years running now ---everything legal is fair game and the last one in sept had quite a bit of class III stuff including an M16, Thompson, Reising SMG, MAC10 to name a few ,,pics herewww.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145641&perpage=30&pagenumber=2 I usually post notice here once a date is set and we will prooly do the next one in Jan or Feb (after hunting season is over out of respect for our hunter brethren) once a date is firm I will let everyone know.

Unfortunately I wan't able to attend the last one...but I really want to join you guys out there.  Do you have a tenative date?  During my break at school (UPJ) I drove out to Windber and found Rt160, so I'm sure its pretty easy to find.  Let me know ahead of time so I can stock up on ammo before hand!

As for meeting at Cresson, drop me an IM when you think you'll have some free time.  Any time after Christmas is good for me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I will post as soon as a date is set, I am  going to try to rent a camper this time out -- I know I know --must be getting soft in my old age .... No longer hardcore enough to throw a sleeping bag on the ground in Western PA in feb. !! Its really not hard to find If you can find central city on a map then you have pretty much found it --one turn off of the main road and you are there --hell from the gas station down the road  you can follow the noise.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Bedford PA ,1 county to the south.

I mostly shoot my custom PTR-91 ,and
the rest of the family has it's own toys.

During the summer there's a big get together in Sommerset .

You might want to watch this forum for info about it in the
spring.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm from Altoona, mostly shoot my AR and glock at the Hollidaysburg Sportsmen Club
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top