Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 1:53:58 AM EDT
Anyone here from the Albany area?  If so, I was curious where you shoot, since I'm not having a lot of luck finding a place.

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Albany. I usually got out to Bob's house of Guns on Nelms Rd. He only charges $5 a day. Not a very big place, but a place to let the lead fly. I will probably be out there tomorrow after work shooting my new Glock 30. It'll be after 5pm sometime.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, do they accept rifle fire there?  Or is it strictly pistols?

Tom
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#3]
He accepts all fire. He's a pretty laid back guy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!  I'll have to check it out! ;)

How big a range does he have?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it goes out about 100 yards.  It's not a very big place, but a place to shoot, so i am happy going there. I'll be there tonight after 5pm sometime for a few to test fire my new Glock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd love to be there tonight but I'm obligated to help a buddy clean up the cosmoline on his new SKS.  Might be going out there Saturday though.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Albany. Most of the shooting I do is on private land, but I hear there is a public range down by Turner(golf course). I'm not sure if it really is public, or if it's a police range.

Bob is a good guy, but his safety habits aren't that great. He nearly hit my stepfather with an ND, and the stories vary as to how he lost his finger.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe the one by Turner is law enforcement.  I've shot out there a few times, but that was when my father was still APD.  Being retired, I don't think he would have that kind of access.  Besides, it's not that big of a range IIRC, mainly built for pistols.

BTW...nice to meet you guys!  Thanks for the help Tom
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I wasn't sure. Good to meet you too. I was starting to think I was the only one here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, i think that is APD range and  we have heard full auto going off while on the river at times. That was a wicked day on the river, nice and peaceful and calm and all of a sudden.. rapid fire... we didn't know what was going on at first. lol. I've never been down there, so i don't know what it's like.

Bob is a character, but he's cool. He's looking to move and seems to have someone interested in his land but we heard that they are talking about allowing the regulars to come out and shoot.

Nice to meet you too. Maybe we'll see each other out shooting someday. Not sure i'll make it Sat., but i might try to do that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:47:41 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was living down there I was a member of a range in Americus. It was a bit of a drive but it was the only decent place I could find at the time (10 years ago). They had covered benches at 100 and 200 yards, a seperate pistol range and and a skeet set up. I don't remember the name of the club but it was pretty much next door to the county prison there.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Hmmmm.  Thanks, definately something to think about!  I'll have to see what I can dig up on that.

Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top