Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 8:09:52 AM EDT
The threat of violence wins..

Link

"Eyewitness News 5 will not show images of the burning of the Quran, should the event take place.

The station also will not show these images on its website.

You may see these images on network broadcasts, and other news organizations may handle these images differently.

Eyewitness News 5 has decided however to refrain from doing so as not to influence the climate surrounding this event. "

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
[RANT ON]

That pastor is full of shit and a liar. He had some congregations in Europe who kicked him out of his own bids because of his BS. He lied about the Imam in NY moving/postponing the Mosque build and lied again that he and the Imam planned a meeting. I dont believe a word this guy says. But then again, on the same token, i dont believe the imam either, he may be lieing about the meeting to. Guess I just think both sides are full of shit.
My misses asked to have her $0.02 added so heres hers,

At any rate, this man should not call himself a Christian, to bring the Good Lords name into his asinine drivel about a "dream" the Good Lord "gave" him to burn the Quran.
Jesus was about understanding, not war and extremists. Dont invoke the Lords name for your own personal political agendas.

[RANT OFF]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a bigger issue than just the guy in Florida.

What about the cartoons of Muhammad. As long as you can get your way with violence, terrorism will be encouraged.

ETA: Ask your wife if she would be willing to wear a berka everywhere she goes to avoid offending Muslims.. That's what this will eventually come to.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#4]
(rant on)

All the primary participants are idiots, and I daresay that's an insult to true idiots around the world.  

The media, an astounding conglomeration of idiot savants whose only true so-called skill is marketing, isn't helping matters in what would've been a minor and not particularly newsworthy event.

They've turned this unremarkable 'pastor' and his views into a cause celebre and created a media frenzy that feeds on itself.  They've done the same with the islamic center going in near ground zero.  The media has instigated a fight between the two just the same as schoolkids do during recess and we've been sucked into it.  In other words, the media thinks we're a bunch of twelve year olds, and guess what, we prove them right time and time again.

When network profits are based on popularity, news outlets compete with each other for viewership because they can't be seen as being second, or God forbid, last to the table with a story, no matter how factually incorrect it may be. The more lurid, base, or polarizing they can make a story, the better it is for them.   We, on the other hand, act like dogs who haven't been fed for a month when suddenly ten pounds of maggoty meat is plopped into our bowl. We chow down and ask for more, disregarding the harm it's going to cause us.

The U.S. media leads this country, left, right, center, and independent around by the nose.  Far too many people believe that because FOX, MSNBC, CBS, NPR, ABC, and NBC said it, it must be true.  

The ability of Americans to engage in independent and critical thinking is on the endangered species list.

When shows like "The Real Housewives of Wherever","Jerseyshore" and "Jackass" started garnering huge audiences, I knew we were all fucked.

(rant off)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what Jesus Christ you follow to be a christian, but the one I believe in is not a cowardly sniveling sheep.  He is the one who cleared the temple of the money changers, by force, not begging and pleading and rolling over and pissing on himself, but by physically throwing them out.  Luke 22: 35-38 "But now if you have a purse take it, and also a bag; ad if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.  If this Christ thought his followers to be sheep to the slaughter he would not have told them to arm themselves.  Matthew 26:  This is where Peter cut the ear off a Roman.  He wasn't aiming for the ear.  He was trying to defend Jesus and take the guys head off.  You think Jesus didn't know he had the sword?  Of course he did, but he knew he had to make the ultimate sacrifice and told Peter to put up his sword.

This turn the other cheek thing was not a sign of submission.  It was an insult to the striker.  You can't hurt me, see, here is the other side.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Dan,

Thank you for posting that. That says it better than anyone else has..
Im passing that along to everyone I know...

Andy..
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]

An old British man gets it better than most of our politicians do!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]

I like that, thanks for sharing it dan
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

An old British man gets it better than most of our politicians do!

The problem is that most of our politicians don`t hear what the people are are saying or just ignoring . These people burn our Flag and dance it the street yelling death to America, if this guy want to burn the books more power to him, at least he got the balls to do it,he has the right to because he is a American and the raghead can
just kiss my ass if they dont like it , this mosque at Ground Zero must not be built their .
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[

The problem is that most of our politicians don`t hear what the people are are saying or just ignoring ....

We have a very corrupt form of gov't.
Our  politicians are bought and paid for before they attain office.
An example - where in the hell did Obama come from, from no where to be the darling of the media, and to get elected?
The health care bill he pushed isn't going to help those who can't afford it - it's going to make more money for the insurance companies.
The man is a typical Chicago politician - bought and paid for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top