Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 12:07:26 PM EDT
My brother just texted me from Colorado about an active shooter in a CO high school. Two injured, shooter dead. Gun control, here we come.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Will the news media ever realize they are part of the problem by sensationalizing these whack jobs?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the news media ever realize they are part of the problem by sensationalizing these whack jobs?

View Quote

Nope.

Supposedly shooter had a shotgun, so no, it wont work with their agenda.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes they know it, it gets ratings.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Minimal news coverage it was only a shotgun, no "AW"
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thankfully nobody dead other than the shooter.  They got nothing on this incident.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nope.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Yet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Was it a student? Channel 3 didn't say. Just said person was looking for a teacher by name. Either way glad the asshole whacked himself before doing anymore shit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty sneaky how liberal reporters are trying to word it in articles across the web…   AOL Huffington Post -  "1 dead, 2 in critical condition!"  What they aren't saying right away is that the 1 dead.. was actually the shooter!  

More of the same lying liberal psychology.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting how they don't elaborate on his strong beliefs about gun laws.

Arapahoe High gunman held strong political beliefs, classmates said
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24721367/arapahoe-high-gunman-held-strong-political-beliefs-classmates

"He had very strong beliefs about gun laws and stuff," said junior Abbey Skoda, who was in a class with Pierson during her freshman year. "I also heard he was bullied a lot."
In one Facebook post, Pierson attacks the philosophies of economist Adam Smith, who through his invisible-hand theory pushed the notion that the free market was self-regulating. In another post, he describes himself as "Keynesian."

"I was wondering to all the neoclassicals and neoliberals, why isn't the market correcting itself?" he wrote. "If the invisible hand is so strong, shouldn't it be able to overpower regulations?"

Pierson also appears to mock Republicans on another Facebook post, writing "you republicans are so cute" and posting an image that reads: "The Republican Party: Health Care: Let 'em Die, Climate Change: Let 'em Die, Gun Violence: Let 'em Die, Women's Rights: Let 'em Die, More War: Let 'em Die. Is this really the side you want to be on?"

Carl Schmidt and Brendon Mendelson, both seniors at Arapahoe High, knew Pierson. They said he had political views that were "outside the mainstream," but they did not elaborate
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I now tell the Skeet and Trap folks that they better get on the move and firmly support gun rights as now they are in the anti-gun sights! Second incidence with only a shotgun!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#12]
im curious what "strong beliefs about guns" meant.  was he for or against gun control? reason i ask is a lot of those 'against gun violence' are pretty violent from what i remember at the hearings and capital.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top