Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:35:56 AM EST
I'm not sure if this has been asked before....

Can active duty military (USMC) bring/register their assault rifles into CA upon transferring into state? Would we have to keep them on base or does anyone know the details on this? I have written the CADOJ, but have not heard back from them.


Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:25:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:53:38 PM EST

Thanks alot for the info....this is good news to hear....though $73 a year is pricey. They'll do anything to keep the weapons out...wont' they? Sheeesh.


Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:16:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:14:22 PM EST
i never got a "permit" for my AW-registered Bushmaster that i did prior to the 2000 cutoff date. it was just a piece of paper on DOJ Letterhead with a list of make/model/serial number of everything i registered.

it looks too large to shrink it down to wallet size....i just photocopy it and keep it with the rifle in a range bag.
Top Top