Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2010 2:34:25 PM EDT
So I'm coming back from a job in Phoenix, I'm right at 32nd and Indian School and I see this big ACE Hardware sign with a cloth banner underneath that says "WE SELL AMMO!".  I was in a hurry or I'd have dashed in and taken a look.  Anyone else notice this sign or knows what in the way of ammo Ace sells?  Considering their prices I'm guessing it's expensive.  I was just kind of surprised that Ace hardware sells ammo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Some do, some dont. The one I used to live near on Broadway in Tempe sold some ammo and fishing supplies.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. I will have to stop by the one near my house tomorrow after work. I wonder where in the heck within the store it will be located? By the paint or where they redo your window screens?
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I went into the Ace in the Albertsons shopping center on Scottsdale and Thomas and found some ammo in there. It was in the back behind the counter where they make keys. I don't remember exactly what they had but it was common caliber FMJ ammo. It was also ridiculously expensive. I've seen the one on Indian School with the sign so it may be a little cheaper than the one on S&T if they actually move ammo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have much to add other than, yes, they do sell ammo. I was in there today, they have a pretty good assortment in the back under glass by the key making counter. I didn't price it out, figuring it's likely to be more expensive than what I usually pay.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes and they will sell guns soon to.  I talked to the owners dad one day about it.  

We were doing a job near by oneday, i walked by an endcap packed with 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 acp and .223.

Prices were fair to, i about fell over.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I know the ACE in Wickenburg does.  But the prices I saw were way out of line.  Like $20 for a box of Winchester 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think most Aces are franchised, so it might be entirely up to whoever the owner is.

This.  It's all up to the local franchisee as to what they sell.  For example, my local ACE has no garden section, where the Garden section should be located is hay bale storage.  I grantee they make a lot more selling alfalfa than they would with normal garden stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw the add in the Newtimes for that Ace Hardware. Blazer .45 $a box, need to go get some!
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
The ACE hardware in Rosamond commiefornia sells guns. Rap your head around that!
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I was in that store a while back.
They had a pallet with Wolf and PMC .223, 7.62,40 and 45
It was priced right.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

32nd and Indian School

I'll have to check that out.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#13]
For those old enough, back in the day, most hardware stores sold firearms and ammo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

For those old enough, back in the day, most hardware stores sold firearms and ammo.

And so did some gas stations.  I remember a gas station down the street where I lived in, of all places, Pennsylvania, that carried a small selection of shotguns and 22 rifles.  I bought 22 ammo there as a kid more than once walking home from school.  We're talking late 60's here.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So did the drug stores.
Thifty, Woolworth and Woolco sold guns and ammo.
My first gun (Ruger 10/22) came from Woolworths.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hell, Smitty's (think Fry's or Albertsons) was where my dad and I bought all our ammo when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

32nd and Indian School...  Anyone else notice this sign or knows what in the way of ammo Ace sells?  Considering their prices I'm guessing it's expensive.  I was just kind of surprised that Ace hardware sells ammo.

I just bought 9mm Winchester white box there for $21.99 per 100rd box. This is a buck or two less per box than I paid at Walmart last week.

They had Wolf .223 for $259 per 1000rd case.

Everything else I checked seemed to be priced about average. Some was behind the glass, and some was just stacked up in front. I rang it up at the front counter along with the actual hardware I bought, with no ID check or anything.
Quoted:

Hell, Smitty's (think Fry's or Albertsons) was where my dad and I bought all our ammo when I was a kid.

Same here.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we still have a box of .243 with the smittys price tag still on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top