Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 11:20:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#1]
are you in Maine? I don't think the vote here will pass. Hunting is a staple of the economy for northern maine and many are opposed. It is a traditional way of life for these people. The activists have a rude awakening come voting day. No one I know is voting to pass that peice of trash legislation.

What bothers me more is the secret legislation that doesn't get to the people regarding our 2nd amendment rights. They are too important to be left to the will of representatives.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#2]
82ndAbn, are you in Maine?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#4]
The folks in Maine likly have the same split we all do, the cities who have alot of sheep who outnumber the
country folks.  So be on guard and don't take it for granted it won't pass.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Wildweasel, your state is much more liberal and restrictive on guns than Maine. But alot of Mass yuppies are moving here in droves so that is scary.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
As a Maine resident from the greater Bangor area stationed down in Massachusetts, I can attest to the fact that Maine has become a sort of dumping ground for tree-hugging hippie green party homoerotic types from Mass. Namely, southern Maine but they seem to be everywhere now. Maine never used to be this bad. There are still very much two seperate "Maine's". Mostly an "us" verses "them" situation. Whereas my family has been working its ass off to get by for over 300 yrs in Maine, Jonathan Carter and other rich green party scum moved in for a more ecocentric habitat for themselves. However, until someone has the foresight to build a damn wall to keep the green party scum out ( or allow a no bag limit hunting season) - we will continue to see referendums like this one. I already voted against the proposal via absentee ballot. Hope the elections work out the way they should.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#8]
My cousin is BIG into bear hunting in Maine, I'll call/email him to see if he's aware of it. I'm 99% sure he is but it's worth a call anyway. Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top