Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 5:30:29 PM EDT
Well let me just start by apologizing for the amount of profanity that will follow………… but I cant help myself………

I have pretty much badmouthed taurus pistols for quite some time
Because of the problems I’ve personally had with them…..around 1991 I had one of their 92’s the berretta knock off….. And the locking lug ”not sure that’s the correct term” at the bottom broke off….. Locked the pistol up…..
I had owned several taurus pistols up to this point probably 15-20 different ones … just figured hey everything breaks but gradually got rid of all of them as my interests in firearms changed but owned a few more over the next few years from different deals I made….anyway around 1998-2000 not sure I bought another new one a taurus 357 ported……well it would unlock and the cylinder would partially open when I shot it ….not every time but on average at least half the time……I tried my damndest to clean it thought something was in it well never could get it to work…..

I sent both of these pistols of to taurus……… they fixed both of them….
But that broke me of the habit of buying them pretty much…..
Well last year a friend of mine bought a Raging Hornet taurus against my recommendations and guess what the screw that holds the cylinder in will losen while its firing and when you open the cylinder it will fall out if you aren't careful……I laughed my ass off cause I told him so…..
Well I’ve been wanting a S&W 317 snubby 22 for the last 8mnths or so but their 4bills dealer cost…
The taurus knock off is 245…..that’s a lot of damn 22 shells right…….
Well everyone always tells me its just bad luck you've only owned 30-40 tuarus pistols you just had bad luck or  on the net they basically act like I’m a fucking liar if they don’t know me and the guys from the OK Home town forum always tell me I’ve just had bad luck……when I go to bad mouthing taurus….

So what do I do you ask well being able to forgive and forget and save a 160bucks I say what the hell givem a shot it’s just freaky coincidence…..
So I buy the Taurus for my Christmas to myself and today me and another guy that post’s in the OK HT forum go shooting….. Well I got to shoot my Christmas present right…..
It fires the first 9 no problem reload first shot I feel something hit me on the left side of my face……the 8th FTF……9th I get hit in the face

Long story short the more you shoot it the more shit slaps you in the face…. Jeff shot it and was laughing like a madman while he got hit in the face …..

The moral of the story is don’t buy a fucking taurus they are fucking junk and I don’t give a fuck what anyone says they are junk junk fucking junk……
And I’m a dumb motherfucker cause I bought this one knowing better….
I almost lost my eye with a Christmas present……..and to think people say a red ryder is dangerous they don’t have shit on a taurus….

Good news I took my franken 4 that I just built out a rra lower with a stag upper I bought from teknik and it runs like a fucking race car fast and furious……although it was hitting a foot low…who ever put fsp in screwed it all the way down…..
I put 600 rnds  threw it today

Did I mention taurus sucks
And always where safety glasses .......you could loose an eye

I originally posted this in the pit ........ didn't know it was closed so iffn my account gets locked you guys fight for me
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ha Ha I'll trade you a RR thats NIB for the tarus, just got my 10/22 in today and its got the firesights fiber optics on it, shoots a bit low but thats no slight on it, I'll sight it in later when I got the chance, I wanted to get some ridin' in today before the weather cooled again.

The taurus knock off is 245

holy shit man, those pistolas have went damn high in price, I paid $145 for my model 66 at the big myriad funshow in the late 80s.

oh, acman, my tarus's cylander will fall out too when I open it, I still shoot the shit outta it, one of these days I need to send it back for a rebuild or replacement, the offer still stands for the RR trade.

MLW>"<

Jeff shot it and was laughing like a madman while he got hit in the face …..

I'm gonna have to meet this dude, sounds like somebody I could drink some booze with and not worry bout getting stabbed in the back.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ha Ha I'll trade you a RR thats NIB for the tarus, just got my 10/22 in today and its got the firesights fiber optics on it, shoots a bit low but thats no slight on it, I'll sight it in later when I got the chance, I wanted to get some ridin' in today before the weather cooled again.

The taurus knock off is 245

holy shit man, those pistolas have went damn high in price, I paid $145 for my model 66 at the big myriad funshow in the late 80s.

oh, acman, my tarus's cylander will fall out too when I open it, I still shoot the shit outta it, one of these days I need to send it back for a rebuild or replacement, the offer still stands for the RR trade.

MLW>"<

Jeff shot it and was laughing like a madman while he got hit in the face …..

I'm gonna have to meet this dude, sounds like somebody I could drink some booze with and not worry bout getting stabbed in the back.  

WTF is a RR you goofy  bastard...i might trade..... you just don't know I almost threw the motherfucker in the lake I was so pissed off.......

yours will fall out and hit the ground .........that's an issue they aint suposed to do that.......

Jeff is a great guy always have a good time.......

The old shmidt ruben is kick asss on an up note.......

BTW did I tell you guys taurus sucks and if you recomend them for a self defense weapon you should be whiped with a damn stick         they are not dependable period argue come on argue I dare you
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WTF is a RR you goofy  bastard...i might trade..... you just don't know I almost threw the motherfucker in the lake I was so pissed off.......
]

well shit man, God Damn near every gunman in the USA had one as a kid, I still got an original and two NIB I bought for my nephews(one of those are what I previously mentioned), but if your still guessing, I'll ] tell ya, itsa RED RIDER, while not as potient as a 22lr., it'll still put an eye out at 30yrds or so.

>"<MLW>"<
this was a little jab of humor at acman's expence (C)

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
]

well shit man, God Damn near every gunman in the USA had one as a kid, I still got an original and two NIB I bought for my nephews(one of those are what I previously mentioned), but if your still guessing, I'll ] tell ya, itsa RED RIDER, while not as potient as a 22lr., it'll still put an eye out at 30yrds or so.

>"<MLW>"<

this was a little jab of humor at acman's expence (C)

Ok I'm the goofy bastard...............

I would trade with you

BUT INSTEAD

I'm going to keep it and not yes i said not have it fixed................
I'm going to bring it to every shoot I attend and let folks try out one of those fine taurus pistols on my fn dime cause if I can save anyone the agrivation and danger of owning one of these POS pistols maybe I've done a good thing  for a change

I'm serios about this cause lots of people just buy a cheap revolver and trust it to work I know thats dumb but we all know it happens....I just hate for someone to trust their life to a POS that may or may not work.......

If it was just one that I had owned that did this it wouldn't be a big deal but good god man I've personally owned 3 that were junk and have a buddy that has 1 that's junk..........

To me that's a problem ...............
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
whadidja expect outta something made in brazil, I know they for the most part have great lookin chicks and that springfield armory has its frames made there, but I've had bout the same luck with the tarus I've got(and any other cheap piece of shit gun I ever had), I chaulked it up to being the $145 pistol it is, of course I've expected the quality to have increased since I bought it, but by your recent experiance I can clearly tell that it hasn't, I resolved after my first purchase to not buy/trade [for] another unless I got a very good deal on one, by the way how many rounds have you put through the 22?, my 66 has had at least 10k of full up magnum loads put through it and way over 10k +p 38s, just hope my current S&W model 13 holds up as well, I know for a fact it won't tolerate full up magnums, they lock up the cylinder tight, I have to beat it open with a rubber mallet.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And I’m a dumb motherfucker  ass cause I bought this one knowing better….
I almost lost my eye with a Christmas present……..and to think people say a red ryder is dangerous they don’t have shit on a taurus….

Corrected your statement for you!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:32:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Taurus Model 94 9 shot .22 LR revolver. It's the 2 inch barrel with blued finish. I like it but I've only put about 100 rounds through it. I've had no problems at all out of it. Just my experience so far.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:16:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've got a Taurus Model 94 9 shot .22 LR revolver. It's the 2 inch barrel with blued finish. I like it but I've only put about 100 rounds through it. I've had no problems at all out of it. Just my experience so far.

That's what I have only mine is stainless............

Don't get me wrong I know they put out some pistols that work.......my thing is with as many bad ones as I've gotten ............HTF could I ever trust one......

Realsiticly what are the ods that I could get 3 bad ones and personaly see a friends revolver screw up....... If that don't show a patern of some bad pistolas i don't know what does.......

Thank god I'm not the shmuck that buys a TOS "taurus of shit" fires 6 shots through his revolver and puts it next to the nightstand thinking it would save my life....

by the way how many rounds have you put through the 22?,

I doubt it was a hundred      The more you shot the worse it seemed
I think I got a pic of jeff looking away from the gun while shooting it to keep from getting hit

He said it was because I limpwristed the first few shot's.......... you just think I used profanity here.....he got to hear almost all of my vocabulary........

The good thing was when his mighty COLT LE ONLY balked on him S&B dont run in it ........I told him it aint the ammo bud your LIMP wristing it.........

We had a hell of a good time other than my bloodpressure was at stroke level for quite a while
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted: your LIMP wristing it.........

With you and your 9mm "gun I bought for my wife " that you got a while back.....do you really have ANY room to be talkin here Mr.LimpWrists??  hahahahaha
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#10]
carefull rat this pistols just the right size to pistol whip your little ass a snuby 22
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a little fun to shoot just for the fact that you really didnt know wahat it was going to do from shot to shot.  all the anticipation made it more interesting

I will say never again that I will use any S&B ammo,  I am just glad it was some stuff that was given to me and didnt buy a bunch of it or anything.  

I had a blast aceman22tauraspos    
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Man, I used to have a P85, and I loved shooting that thing. I still wish I hadn't sold it, but we needed the money at the time.

I'm not gonna buy another one though. I've decided I like Glocks better.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
My Springfield Ultra Compact would throw shells back at my face also, I got a nasty cut on my right eyebrow where a case came back and hit me. I now wear safety glasses whenever I shoot!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
carefull rat this pistols just the right size to pistol whip your little ass a snuby 22

still might be overly large, better limp wrist it when you use it on him, wouldn't want to hurt him to bad.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

still might be overly large, better limp wrist it when you use it on him,
MLW>"<

For some reason I'm picturing acmantaurus in a pink bunny suit with velcro gloves walkin around limp wristed with a gun about the size of a key chain ....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top