Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 2:32:19 PM EDT
I heard a little on the radio , did not catch it all.   Any one hear that ?

Not crying, the sky, the sky.

Just wondering if I heard right.

Ed . I tried the ISRA site , last update was on the 13th?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
HB2414 made it out of comittee and is up for 2 reading and short debate.  This is the same bill ..or close to HB1060 , but this one has the .50 caliber added in.

..that .50 caliber is probably will allow this bill to go thru  unlike the 1060 bill.

Illinois will end up like Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
HB 1060 pretty much bans eveything and there is no grandfather clause in it or registration. Pretty much gives you 90 days to figure out what to do with your EBR and hi-cap magazines. This is bullshit! I already know that my rep is pro gun and have contacted him. So, what happens to this bill now?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
HB 1060 is the Kalifornia registration style law. It was referred back to rules committee. HB 2414 is similar to the last session's law that, as was said, ban's everything(mags, 50bmg, aw's, and gives you 90 days to get them out of Dodge. I suggest anyone go to the ILGA.gov web address and read this law. Pay close attention to the reasoning behind this law. it is so preposterous, anyone that would vote for it must be on krack." Weapon's of war, drug cartels, militia groups", it's all in there and more, straight out of GI-Joe ,Tales from beyond, and Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom. HB2414.

Get those phone lines going. Make em burn!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
HB 1060 pretty much bans eveything and there is no grandfather clause in it or registration. Pretty much gives you 90 days to figure out what to do with your EBR and hi-cap magazines. This is bullshit! I already know that my rep is pro gun and have contacted him. So, what happens to this bill now?

HB1060 does provide, as far as I can tell, the ability to register the firearm and keep it....if you have it when the bill becomes law.

HB 2414...is a Kaliforna ban!

Every demoncrat   on that comittee is from Cook county.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you get a laugh from the basis and purpose of the HB2414. Sounds like poor fiction. Buzzword city!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you get a laugh from the basis and purpose of the HB2414. Sounds like poor fiction. Buzzword city!

...a very scary laugh!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]
With Madigan and Jones shuttling both pro and anti gun bills to favorable coommittees, this really shouldn't come as a surprise. CCW made it to the floor, and this crap is going to also.

Bottom line is that there is the potential for all kinds of votes this session--we're going to need all the help we can get!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I apoligize, I meant to say HB2414 is the one that bans everything. HB 1060 is the Kalifornia copycat. So, I called my Senate and House reps, they are both Progun Lauzen and Schmitz. Lauzen, House rep, says that the bill will not get the votes, I hope he is right.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Called my rep(s)

Wait(R-House) - against
Burzynski(R-Senate) - against

Dad also called Franks(D-House) - against

Keep the phones busy
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I've called two of the manufactures in the state...They haven't heard any rumors, positive or negative on how this bill is going to go.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Stand together and you guys can defeat these anti-gun jerks in your legislature. We are getting it done in Oregon and you can do it in Illinois!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#12]
There is almost no hope for IL, just like NY or CA.   This place has sided with the Devil as far as I am concerned.   This state and a majority of the cowardly citizens who reside in it are not worth fighting for since they feel it is okay to take away our only effective means of protection and resistance, just because they are too busy watching American Idol or someother crap show.  Good bye IL, may the flames of hell be always in your face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top