Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:32:01 AM EDT
Can anyone help clarify if I can drive my AR-15 (unloaded and locked) from RI up to Maine to varmint hunt on private property?  Do i need something from the state of Maine to do this?  thanks.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Can anyone help clarify if I can drive my AR-15 (unloaded and locked) from RI up to Maine to varmint hunt on private property?  Do i need something from the state of Maine to do this?  thanks.....

You'll need a ME non-resident hunting license...other than that I think you'll be good to go. I believe that you will need 5 round mags as well.

Edit: Be sure to follow FOPA when traveling and keep a copy of the law with you.

Edit2: more info here http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_trapping/index.htm

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#2]
THanks.  Hopefully i wont get harrassed going thru Mass!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can anyone help clarify if I can drive my AR-15 (unloaded and locked) from RI up to Maine to varmint hunt on private property? Do i need something from the state of Maine to do this? thanks.....

You'll need a ME non-resident hunting license...other than that I think you'll be good to go. I believe that you will need 5 round mags as well.

Edit: Be sure to follow FOPA when traveling and keep a copy of the law with you.

I cannot possibly stress this enough.  Follow the FOPA, know it by heart and keep a copy with you.  No loaded mags, keep ammunition and firearm separate in separate locked containers in your trunk.  Do the speed limit and don't stop between Point A and Point B for anything but gas.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
WILL DO.  THANKS.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can anyone help clarify if I can drive my AR-15 (unloaded and locked) from RI up to Maine to varmint hunt on private property? Do i need something from the state of Maine to do this? thanks.....

I cannot possibly stress this enough.  Follow the FOPA, know it by heart and keep a copy with you.  No loaded mags, keep ammunition and firearm separate in separate locked containers in your trunk.  Do the speed limit and don't stop between Point A and Point B for anything but gas.

And what was that advice we were given about not getting into a firefight on a limited acess highway no matter how bad I had to piss and how heavy traffic was?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This this this this this.......
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cannot possibly stress this enough. Follow the FOPA, know it by heart and keep a copy with you. No loaded mags, keep ammunition and firearm separate in separate locked containers in your trunk. Do the speed limit and don't stop between Point A and Point B for anything but gas.

And what was that advice we were given about not getting into a firefight on a limited acess highway no matter how bad I had to piss and how heavy traffic was?

Nah, I think he said that despite what we might think, a firefight on a limited access highway will not get traffic moving easier.  Wasn't that around the time you were contemplating jumping out of the car to go take a piss in one of the portable toilets that were in the median for the construction guys?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cannot possibly stress this enough. Follow the FOPA, know it by heart and keep a copy with you. No loaded mags, keep ammunition and firearm separate in separate locked containers in your trunk. Do the speed limit and don't stop between Point A and Point B for anything but gas.

And what was that advice we were given about not getting into a firefight on a limited access highway no matter how bad I had to piss and how heavy traffic was?

Nah, I think he said that despite what we might think, a firefight on a limited access highway will not get traffic moving easier.  Wasn't that around the time you were contemplating jumping out of the car to go take a piss in one of the portable toilets that were in the median for the construction guys?

Yes it was.  And of course when we finally got off an exit the gas station didn't have a bathroom  Next time I'm wearing diapers like that crazy astronaut chick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top