Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/19/2009 2:45:17 AM EST
Does anyone know what brands of AR-15 lower can be purchased in MA?

I know we've got a lot of restrictions on handgun makes and models, so I'm just assuming there are similiar restrictions on rifle lowers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:36:31 AM EST
No restriction on lowers, it just depends on if you want to have all the evil features on your rifle. A pre-ban lower is required if you want a collapsible stock, flash hider, bayonet lug etc.

FYI I have a RRA lower that is not a pre-ban on my varmit rig because I have none of the evil features on it.

My Colt lower however is pre-ban becasue I have just about all the evil features except the bayo lug.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:52:58 AM EST
Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a similiar "list" like with handguns; I already knew about the ban. I just can't justify spending the extra money for a 15 year old lower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:48:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By agentile:
No restriction on lowers, it just depends on if you want to have all the evil features on your rifle. A pre-ban lower is required if you want a collapsible stock, flash hider, bayonet lug etc.

FYI I have a RRA lower that is not a pre-ban on my varmit rig because I have none of the evil features on it.

My Colt lower however is pre-ban becasue I have just about all the evil features except the bayo lug.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Stalker61/ScopedFull.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Stalker61/CQB.jpg

Wait, doesn't the magpul stock qualify as an evil feature?

Per the Magpul Customer Service manager when I asked about them:

"The PRS is a direct replacement for an A1 or A2 fixed stock and therefore will utilize the original rifle-length components (Rifle-length Receiver Extension, Buffer and Spring). Carbine components will not suffice and will need to be swapped.
However, I cannot comment on any particular State’s local restrictions. You would need to take that issue up with your local authorities but I can say that the PRS is adjustable without tools- sometimes that is classified as “collapsible” according to the law…"
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:56:20 PM EST
it can be pinned. which makes it legal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:03:17 AM EST
It can't be collapsed, only extended.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 1:19:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By djsmiles:

He's talking about the PRS. which is fine on a post-ban, as stated above.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 1:26:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By fst96ss:
Originally Posted By djsmiles:

He's talking about the PRS. which is fine on a post-ban, as stated above.

In that case, I may just pick up a PRS. I didn't think you could get away with those.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 3:04:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2009 3:04:48 AM EST by m91196]
Stimulated suppressor in the above picture?

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:17:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By m91196:
Stimulated suppressor in the above picture?

Yes
Top Top