Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 3:45:17 AM EDT
Does anyone know what brands of AR-15 lower can be purchased in MA?

I know we've got a lot of restrictions on handgun makes and models, so I'm just assuming there are similiar restrictions on rifle lowers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No restriction on lowers, it just depends on if you want to have all the evil features on your rifle. A pre-ban lower is required if you want a collapsible stock, flash hider, bayonet lug etc.

FYI I have a RRA lower that is not a pre-ban on my varmit rig because I have none of the evil features on it.

My Colt lower however is pre-ban becasue I have just about all the evil features except the bayo lug.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a similiar "list" like with handguns; I already knew about the ban. I just can't justify spending the extra money for a 15 year old lower.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No restriction on lowers, it just depends on if you want to have all the evil features on your rifle. A pre-ban lower is required if you want a collapsible stock, flash hider, bayonet lug etc.

FYI I have a RRA lower that is not a pre-ban on my varmit rig because I have none of the evil features on it.

My Colt lower however is pre-ban becasue I have just about all the evil features except the bayo lug.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Stalker61/ScopedFull.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Stalker61/CQB.jpg

Wait, doesn't the magpul stock qualify as an evil feature?

Per the Magpul Customer Service manager when I asked about them:

"The PRS is a direct replacement for an A1 or A2 fixed stock and therefore will utilize the original rifle-length components (Rifle-length Receiver Extension, Buffer and Spring).  Carbine components will not suffice and will need to be swapped.
However, I cannot comment on any particular State’s local restrictions.  You would need to take that issue up with your local authorities but I can say that the PRS is adjustable without tools- sometimes that is classified as “collapsible” according to the law…"
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
it can be pinned.  which makes it legal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#5]
It can't be collapsed, only extended.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:19:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He's talking about the PRS. which is fine on a post-ban, as stated above.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:26:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's talking about the PRS. which is fine on a post-ban, as stated above.

In that case, I may just pick up a PRS. I didn't think you could get away with those.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Stimulated suppressor  in the above picture?

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Stimulated suppressor  in the above picture?

Yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top