Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:22:23 PM EDT
Finally got her done, and outfitted with a Trijicon TA31H-G 4x32 ACOG

Had a great time breaking it in this past Sunday morning with EarlBypass at Gateway. Put a few mags of Black Hills Ammo through it. EXTREMELY accurate once we got it dialed in.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]

............. pic removed-SGB

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats...SEXXXY black rifle you have there Sir!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:16:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks nice I like that QD swivel reciever end plate. Who makes it?

If you broke it in at Gateway (Jax), that took a while.... I hate that 2 seconds between shots rule. Who trains like that? Maybe you know them well enough to do what you want there. Is there anywhere around here to fire a rifle outdoors other than Gateway. Their range is nice, but I would like the option to doubletap a few times. Maybe they could offer a doubletap pass for another $10 a day, lol.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the new ACS stock in 2 days ago, torn about whether to use it, or save it for another build.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]
A well thought-out rifle with quality parts.  What's not to love?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice.

ETA:  How do you like the green ACOG reticule?  I've been curious as I haven't seen one in person yet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you broke it in at Gateway (Jax), that took a while.... I hate that 2 seconds between shots rule. Who trains like that? Maybe you know them well enough to do what you want there. Is there anywhere around here to fire a rifle outdoors other than Gateway. Their range is nice, but I would like the option to doubletap a few times. Maybe they could offer a doubletap pass for another $10 a day, lol.

Problem is the neighborhood.  Undesireables come as day shooters and hold their highpoints sideways and try to squeeze half a dozen off at the 50 yard pistol range.  If you notice they installed the burms because a plane from Herlong supposedly had a bullet hole in it.  Get an annual pass and I believe you can use it around the right (east) side of the range on the courses where they do IDPA and Cowboy Action.  Call them or ask them - I think double taps are ok there, but members only.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Very nice.

ETA:  How do you like the green ACOG reticule?  I've been curious as I haven't seen one in person yet.

It is amazing, very bright, reacts well with little light. Neil at Gun Gallery was spot on with the horseshoe / green recommendation.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Double taps OK there?  Shit, that'll be the day.  Member or no member, people get burned with that place for a reason.  I've been a member there off and on (mostly on)for over ten years now.  I'm even thinking about not renewing my membership next year.  Especially considering I don't go out there enough to warrant one.  I've been doing the monthly shoots out at the public range in Osceola National Forest for a couple years now so that I only go to Gateway about once every three or four months.  Mostly because I don't like all the restrictions and I've had too many range officers come up to me and talk down to me.  I also don't like hearing N-Bombs dropped when they're telling stories and all that other bullshit.  It's true that a lot of people that have no clue what they're doing go out there and shoot shit up but it's gotten to where it's just a bit too much for me.  

When my membership badge is hanging on my shirt and some asshole with a megaphone is yelling at me for something from 10 feet away, honestly, my natural inclinations are to punch them in the teeth.  I'm not sure I'd put up with ANYBODY treating me like that on the street.  But stories like this and others are just far too typical.  From what I can gather at this point Gateway range is good for sighting a rifle in and its closer than any other outdoor range (I live in Arlington) but that's it.  This one in St. Augustine has been getting some buzz lately, although it's expensive as hell from what I can tell.  I think I'll continue investing the hour-long drive to the public range for the time being.

By the way OP, slick looking set up.  While it's known that I'm a pretty ardent fan of Soviet/Russian crap I still appreciate a well thought out AR.  I've got mine set up with a somewhat similar configuration.  I've got so much dough wrapped up in my AR that it really pains me to switch to a 14.5" with a permanent flash-hider despite the recent popularity.  I hear that couple inches makes a BIG difference.  I think I'm just gonna get a lower and register it SBR once my Krinkov is finally done processing.  10.5"-11.5" with the smallest red-dot sight I can find and nothing else on the gun.  The folks at Gun Gallery will certainly be hearing from me when I'm ready to take that plunge.  Let's hope that'll be the next few months!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!!!! Looks fucking Badass, Yeah throw the ACS on and run it for awhile if it doesnt wok put the CTR back on.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks nice
I like that QD swivel reciever end plate. Who makes it?

I think double taps are ok there, but members only.

We were shooting double taps and a few times quite a bit faster on the far back range. And yes, we had a range boss watching us. EarlBypass was shooting his .45 and I was on the 9mm. But yes, definitely went faster than a double tap on those back ranges.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#13]
gorgeous.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes fun. Would be happy to hold onto any extra furniture, scopes, etc, until you start your new build.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes fun. Would be happy to hold onto any extra furniture, scopes, etc, until you start your new build.

AR10 next

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Steyr SSG 08

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Ah no. Better can be built for less IMO.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

AR10 next

Great. Ny the way, whats that compartment in the ACS stock for?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR10 next

Great.
Ny the way, whats that compartment in the ACS stock for?

I think battery storage in the primary one (length section), the other I do not know, possibly anything in the smaller one (that can fit)

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steyr SSG 08

Ah no. Better can be built for less IMO.

Agreed...  this  is the one from the other day.  Was sweet.   You have the SHTF gun, now build that AR10,  for the times you just want to reach out and touch...

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice rifle
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#22]
nice.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I think double taps are ok there, but members only.

We were shooting double taps and a few times quite a bit faster on the far back range. And yes, we had a range boss watching us. EarlBypass was shooting his .45 and I was on the 9mm. But yes, definitely went faster than a double tap on those back ranges.

Exactly my point.  To the other person who gets yelled at all the time, it probably isn't the range for you.  I take what I need from it and go to other ranges for other needs.  Same as gunstores.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Roger that.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
<snip>

Thats a sweet gun all the way around. While not true to the original military Recce's - its a very, VERY good example of an all around shooter, which is what the Recce's were intended to be. Good up close, GREAT mid range, and good accuracy out to 600 or more for a gun of its size. Ammo wont be doing too much out that far, but you will be on target!

Meh.

Like you know anything about ARs.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I like to use the rail ladder panels to cover any and all unused rail space.  I have seen may a cuts that come from the open slots on a rail.  I have also never had one come off on me and I think my guns get run just a little  Looks follow function

note top of rail in this pic
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:53:38 AM EDT
[#29]
very nice chris
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

very nice chris

Thanks man. Everyone gave me instructions on how not to melt my gas tube

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Is your M4-2000 adapter pinned? If so, did you send it to ADCO?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Its pinned, had Noveske do it when they made it. I wanted a 16" rifle, no shorter, no longer but also wanted the versatility of easy on / easy off silencer. Coupled with a stainless barrel, and the ACOG, I am very happy. The rifle turned out to be everything I wanted based upon what Slug-O and Neil mentioned.

Thinking about getting that mini red-dot that rides on top of the ACOG.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its pinned, had Noveske do it when they made it. I wanted a 16" rifle, no shorter, no longer but also wanted the versatility of easy on / easy off silencer. Coupled with a stainless barrel, and the ACOG, I am very happy. The rifle turned out to be everything I wanted based upon what Slug-O and Neil mentioned.

Thinking about getting that mini red-dot that rides on top of the ACOG.

I sold my TA01 but I still have the mount and red dot for it.  Shoot me an IM if you're interested.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#34]
What makes it an "Afghan" build?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#35]
It's noveske's designation for their 14.5" barrel...
7.5: Diplomat
10.5: CQB
12.5: Crusader
16.1: Recon
18: SPR
20: ? (SPR also i think)

ETA: 13.7: Infidel
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What makes it an "Afghan" build?

Quoted:

... And it comes with a crocheted case and sling.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#37]
... And it comes with a crocheted case and sling.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

ETA: 13.7: Infidel

-thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top