Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:51:59 AM EDT
I don’t know the whole story, but I know someone here will.

A Mexican flag was flown over Apache Junction High School.  Some (ROTC?) kids defended our country’s honor and removed the offending flag.  

I called the Apache Junction school district, confirmed the event and let them know I support the (ROTC- I heard ROTC) kids taking down the Mexican flag and disposing of it.  If anyone else wants to show support for the kids, here is the number to the school district.  The staff was very nice and sounded very happy to hear support for the kids, please be nice.  

Apache Junction Unified School District.  

480-982-1110
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Calls inbound. I'm gonnna warn them that it won't be an ROTCer that takes down the mexiflag the next time it gets put up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Calls inbound. I'm gonnna warn them that it won't be an ROTCer that takes down the mexiflag the next time it gets put up.

Thank you.  We need to keep these kids out of trouble.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
No one is answering the phone...just voicemail, but I left a message in support of all of the kids who burned that damn Mexican flag.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No one is answering the phone...just voicemail, but I left a message in support of all of the kids who burned that damn Mexican flag.

Maybe the word is out?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably.....I think we should take those kids to a nice dinner!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in.  Or help with a lawyer.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Taking it down was absolutely justified and appropriate.

Burning it on school property was going too far.

IMO, FWIW.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Joo are Loco, Mang!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joo are Loco, Mang!

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I used option 5 for the supers office!!

I told her this US ARMY Soldier was damn proud of those kids!! I also told her that if I found out thier names.... I'm buying them a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Lou Dobbs just mentioned the mexican flag burning at a AZ high school on national TV...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Heard about it on CNN, checked the AZ HTF for more, found this thread.

Will be calling tommorow, and keep calling until I get someone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Called this morning.  Had them put me down as in support of those who removed a foreign flag flown on US  soil. The lady said she'd put me on the tally.
She also wanted me to know that the incident was before school had begun, the US flag had not been raised, and that the Mexican flag was not actually raised. Which makes me more proud of the kids, for not allowing the bullshit chicken with a worm in it's mouth to fly.
They sound weary and tired of answering the phone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Is it not a crime to raise a foreign countrys flag on a public owned flag pole? Or is it a act of war? I know that there is something in the books that covers this.
BTW tell them boys that next time they burn a POS mexican flag to do it in the street. I support them 100% It seems to me that we are about to get into a war with the Mexicans.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#15]
AJ School district is on top of things.  Media won't put out the whole storie but when I called them and left a message the superintendant actually called me back.  The incident took place 1 hr before school, the hispanic students hooked thier flag to the rope but couldn't raise it because it was locked up (and apparently they didn't think things through), then the other kids saw them and took thier flag and burned it.  Although I agree with them the pc crowd would argue against them setting a fire, as a firefighter I can see that argument also.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top