Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2005 3:45:01 PM EDT
looking to have an AMD 65 of mine built up at the start of next year. i know i can have it sent off somewhere and i'm reserving that as an option, although i would like to find a smith in the asheville area to sylva area that builds them.

anyone know anyone or suggest anyone?
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I know of one with a good rep in Dallas/Belmont, but that would be a 2 hour drive for you.

SM
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to hijack the thread but I would also like to find a good AK smith. I picked up a WASR and am very underwelmed, 3 of the 13 mags I own fit! If possible I would like to have that fixed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I also was looking for someone to build a kit for me. I've had someone offer that works with the Sheriffs Dept. that is supposed to have bending jigs and everything, as soon as the kits get here I'll take him up on his offer . I'll also see if he wants to do more, or if he or someone else wants to host a build party would be great!
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I also was looking for someone to build a kit for me. I've had someone offer that works with the Sheriffs Dept. that is supposed to have bending jigs and everything, as soon as the kits get here I'll take him up on his offer . I'll also see if he wants to do more, or if he or someone else wants to host a build party would be great!

I've got the barrel press kit so that would be my contribution. I live in Asheville and would love to get a build party on somewhere.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got the barrel press kit so that would be my contribution. I live in Asheville and would love to get a build party on somewhere.  

i've got a few cases of beer and also live in asheville :)
got a dremel as well, but i'm fairly certain most people do.

i would definately love to see a build party happen in or around the area although i dont have much to contribute except my shining personality

Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread but I would also like to find a good AK smith. I picked up a WASR and am very underwelmed, 3 of the 13 mags I own fit! If possible I would like to have that fixed.

i'm not sure if you have a dremel or not, if so it might be easier to persue doing it yourself. its a really easy job.

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/wasrwell.htm
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I guess I will take a shot at it. I have a buddy who does a bit of tinkering so maybe we will go at it together.

Quoted:
i'm not sure if you have a dremel or not, if so it might be easier to persue doing it yourself. its a really easy job.

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i've got a few cases of beer and also live in asheville :)
got a dremel as well, but i'm fairly certain most people do.

i would definately love to see a build party happen in or around the area although i dont have much to contribute except my shining personality

Quoted:

Keep this going as I am from Asheville but currently living in the Charlotte area.  I have some kits to build and am not comfortable taking on a build alone.  If you get enough folks together for a build, I will be up for the party.

SM
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Going to try to contact him today after work, I'll have to go down there because I dont know any other way to contact him. I'll find out just what he has & knows ,then we can go from there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
been a while and never heard anything about it- just thought a bump for an update was in order.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe PF custom (Phil Flack) works on AK's. He's off of patton in Asheville.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You want any kind of AK built, I have the contact you need.
Bobby Smith@
SALBO ARMS
(336) 374-3393
Mount Airy, N.C.

This man does EXCELLENT work! His attention to detail is unparalled. Bobby is ex military and is a good man who will give you what you want, provided you are patient and communicate exactly what you expect. Give him a call! He's a great guy to do business with!
Big_Cheese
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top