Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2005 4:56:54 PM EDT
These are AK-PK2 Romanian AK 7.62x39 Parts Kits from AIM SURPLUS located in Middletown Ohio. If you want one of these contact Bryan Flannagan at 513-424-9960 or you can e-mail him at: [email protected]

Bryan says the numbers seem to match on the kits he's looked at and they come with new sears and a 30 round mag. He also says the bores are shiny and the metal looks better than expected. For this group buy he will let us have them for $82 plus S/H. Be sure to ask for Bryan if you call and tell him your in the AR15.com group buy. If your close or want to drive down to pick it up you can do that to. Be sure to note they take lunch from 1pm to 1:30 pm so dont be banging on the windows!

Here is the link to the kit(top of page):  

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/AK_Accesories_&Parts.html

If your going to the labor day shoot and are interested in a kit I will have 1 or 2 you can look at. I have not seen these kits yet so be sure to contact Bryan for any questions you may have.

This thread will run for 3 weeks so that should be plenty of time to get in on the deal.

***Disclaimer: Even though Staff has approved this Group Buy, AR15.com accepts no liabilitly for it, and is not responsible for any problems that might occur. We suggest that everyone does their homework before agreeing to take part in this Group Buy.***

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in for 2.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Is anyone planning a build party in the Northern Ohio area?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is anyone planning a build party in the Northern Ohio area?

+1 to that.  I'm in for 2-3 kits if we can get a NE Ohio build group together.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought we were doing the group buy in the EE?

I assumed you knew staff wanted to keep it in the HTF instead. Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in for 2
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in for one. How is this going to work as far as payment and deliviery. If that's a stupid question I'm sorry but it's my first time with a group.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm in for one. How is this going to work as far as payment and deliviery. If that's a stupid question I'm sorry but it's my first time with a group.

Bryan at AIM will take your money and have your kit shipped to you. Id imagine you can pay several ways. Just give him a call at the # in the first post. My only involvement in this was getting the word out and asking for a group discount.

Buy them up boys
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmm....maybe we should have an Ohio State build party day where various groups get together all over Ohio to build on the same day. That would be pretty cool buildin a total of 20 or more kits in the same day :)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I picked up two kits today and Iam very pleased. Numbers match and metal looks good. The rifling looks good and everything is nice and oily Sights and gas blocks appear to be lined up pretty good as well.

I want to thank Bryan and AIM for the great deal and arfcom staff/mods and administration for letting us do this.

Still the best gunsite out there
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, I wish I had the extra money because $82 for a excellent condition kit w/mag is a good deal. These kits are going for $100-110 other places with no mag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Man, I wish I had the extra money because $82 for a excellent condition kit w/mag is a good deal. These kits are going for $100-110 other places with no mag.

I think this is one of those deals you cant let go. They wont be getting any cheaper in the future thats for sure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is one of those deals you cant let go. They wont be getting any cheaper in the future thats for sure.

That's for sure, but I already built one of these in June, and my dad just built his own like 2 weeks ago. I got a polish pmkms and a tantal to build yet. Dont worry we're already stocked up on kits.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I dont have the tools for a build, are there any local places that can put one together for me and how much would it cost? Ive done AR builds but the AK build is a new thing to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I dont have the tools for a build, are there any local places that can put one together for me and how much would it cost? Ive done AR builds but the AK build is a new thing to me.

Ive heard there are people who you can send them to. You might post that question on the AK forums.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I received my 2 kits today.

Hey, did you guys know these are USED?

Seriously, they're in pretty good shape--great for the price, actually. The bores look good to my untrained eye. One of my barrels has a couple little rust spots, but looks like they'll "buff out" with a light application of steel wool ('cause they started to come clean with a fingernail).

Good call, Johnny Mac! Thanks! (now when's that build party?)

ETA: my slant brakes are mounted slightly cockeyed, with the longest portion being at about 4 o'clock, with the muzzle to my face. Is that normal? They're indexed that way by the pin so I guess it's right...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

ETA: my slant brakes are mounted slightly cockeyed, with the longest portion being at about 4 o'clock, with the muzzle to my face. Is that normal? They're indexed that way by the pin so I guess it's right...

I asked about this and the AK wizards assure me its normal and is canted like that for optimal affect.

Glad your happy with your kit
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Unfortunately upon closer inspection at home, one of my kits is really rough. A little rust on the barrel, a LOT of rust on the stamped cover (the one that goes over the top of the receiver) and a big burn mark in one side of the stock. I'm gonna call Brian today at AIM and see if I can exchange it...will update.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Either send it to me with a note, or come by today, i will switch it out!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, Bryan, thanks--I'll be sure to be there before 1:00.

(Update: I got another kit and I'm quite pleased with it. Thanks!)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Mine were so oiled down they couldnt have rusted. Wouldnt have bothered me either way since Im going to refinish them after assembly. I guess if your selective its better to look before you buy which Ive never had a problem doing at AIM.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#24]
So to get in on this all you have to do is call and say you saw it here????????
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So to get in on this all you have to do is call and say you saw it here????????

Just call Aim at the number at the top of the page and ask for Bryan. Tell him your calling about the arfcom AK kit group buy and would like to order one or you can go there yourself to purchase.

Its that easy
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#27]
do you have to be from Ohio to get in on this?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
do you have to be from Ohio to get in on this?

You have to tell Bryan at Aim that you want in on the ar15.com group buy on the romy kit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I just ordered 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in Oregon, they ship tomorrow for 16 bux!!!
what a deal, and so quick!!

Ill update upon arrival
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I received my kit today.  A 1986 "G" marked kit. New condition with matching numbers and unfired. I'm ordering another in the morning! Thanks for putting this together Johhny.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Mine are both marked "G" also...what's the significance?

What makes you call it "unfired?"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:41:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Mine are both marked "G" also...what's the significance?

Apparently, "G" marked kits came from semi auto only Romanian military AKM's that were intended to be issued to conscripts with minimal weapons training.

What makes you call it "unfired?"

Not a mark anywhere on the parts to indicate firing. No wear on what is left of the receiver rails. No carbon anywhere on the gas piston. The bolt is unblemished as is the bolt carrier. No wear of any kind on the trigger group, not a scratch. No copper fouling in the bore. No wear on any part of the exterior finish as well. This kit has every indication that it has never been issued.

Even the magazine is new.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I think a few of mine were new as well. They still had a piece of paper rolled up in the barrel and under the rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll be in tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone know if he'll give us Item#AK-PK for the same price or is just on the AK-PK2?

I'm thinking about getting a few more but I have plenty of them with the grip on the lower handguard. I twould be nice to get some with a regular lower handguard.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if he'll give us Item#AK-PK for the same price or is just on the AK-PK2?

I'm thinking about getting a few more but I have plenty of them with the grip on the lower handguard. I twould be nice to get some with a regular lower handguard.

I picked up 2 with the regular handgaurd. Get them while they are there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both of mine have the standard lower handgaurd.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#38]
How long is this price good for?

Just wondering as I don't get paid until the 22nd
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for putting this GB together. And thanks to Brian at AIM for giving us the good price. I am in for 2 kits. I asked Brian to pick a couple nice ones.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you guys ask for the regular handguards when you ordered or did they just come that way? I ordered six more a couple days ago before I realized they had both kinds and I'm wondering if I should just wait and see if some of them happen to show up with regular handguards before I go and kick my credit card in the balls again. :)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you guys ask for the regular handguards when you ordered or did they just come that way? I ordered six more a couple days ago before I realized they had both kinds and I'm wondering if I should just wait and see if some of them happen to show up with regular handguards before I go and kick my credit card in the balls again. :)

I didn't know they had both. When I placed my first order, Bryan asked me which style I wanted. Then on my second order, I requested the standard handgaurd. Maybe Bryan will exchange your handgaurds.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Thanks for putting this GB together. And thanks to Brian at AIM for giving us the good price. I am in for 2 kits. I asked Brian to pick a couple nice ones.

Its all on ARFCOM and Bryan at AIM. I didnt acually do much but thanks anyways

I think your disqaulified from the discount though if you spell Bryans name wrong
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Maybe Bryan will exchange your handgaurds.

Well you got to have both ya know
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Did you guys ask for the regular handguards when you ordered or did they just come that way?

I found out when I went to go pick it up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I am in for 3
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm about to pickup maybe 2 tomorrow, is anybody in here from the Middletown area?  I think I need a building buddy, I have a bunch of stuff to build and NO rivet experience.......This should be fun
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:32:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
 I think I need a building buddy, I have a bunch of stuff to build and NO rivet experience.......This should be fun

A big +1 here.

However, I do work for a manufacturer who has a lot of metal brakes, so I'm sure I could come up with a way to fold receiver flats.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:17:45 AM EDT
[#48]
The new issue of SGN (just arrived in the mail Wednesday) has a very good article on building an AK, including the riveting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The new issue of SGN (just arrived in the mail Wednesday) has a very good article on building an AK, including the riveting.

Outstanding! I will look for that. What's  the "cover headline?"
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Tagged for home.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top