Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:17:34 PM EDT
Does anyone in the tidewater area have experience building Aks and are willing to share their knowledge. Been thinking it would be fun to build a couple, but have no experience with this weapon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I offered a couple months ago to host a tidewater build party, I have most of tools needed to build ak's, and have built quite a few.  I have a friend that is going to be coming over in a couple weeks to build 2, if anyone else would like to come over, it will not be a problem.  email me at: [email protected] and we can get this planned.  by the way, I live in norfolk, about 1/2 mile from harbor freight, so if we need any tools they are available close by.  I have everything to build from a 100% receiver, including a tig/arc welder, blasting cabinet, and am able to apply duracoat.  if you want a complete rifle/pistol when you leave at the end of the day, it should not be a problem.  I do not have a press to bend flats, but I do have a bending jig, i haven't used it, but I have it if you would like to experiment with it feel free.  If anyone would like to schedule a build party, let me know.  

BTW, I do rivet builds, I have a set of 36in modded bolt cutters that work great.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Email sent! Lets build some AKs!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
let bump this up to see if anyone else would like to come out to build some guns.  As of 1/9/06 I have 3 people that would like to do some builds.  No date has been set yet, but I might be free on the 15th, figure start early, say about 7-8am and work all day.  Let me know if that will work for who, and if not, when you think would be a better day.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Where is the best place to pick a few kits? I would be interested, but I do not have any parts kits.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
copes, dph arms, centerfire, EE, take your pick
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
copes, dph arms, centerfire, EE, take your pick

Just recieved the centerfire flyer and they have numerous kits, just wondering how good they would be.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
if you are looking at an AK kit, hell, it's an AK.  As long as the bore is good, outside finish doesn't matter, I Duracoat all of them anyway, but that is just me.

Chris

EDIT!!  Jan 15th is NOT a good day for the build.  If ya'll want to get one organized, please get in touch with me.  Hit me with some dates/date ranges and we can go from there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:28:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Let me know if you all need receivers transfered for the kit's.  If you all do at at once (i.e. same day & time) I'll give you a hell of a discount of the x'fer fee.

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
For anyone interested, I will be doing some builds monday morning.  I figure I have the day off anyway, might as well build something, right?  If anyone would like to come by to build an AK, just IM me and let me know, I will give you directions.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#11]
last chance for anyone to let me know wether or not you are going to show up, if you plan to be here, call me 757-589-2806 and let me know if I have to set my alarm or not.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top