Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:48:36 AM EDT
They have Remington UMC for $4.98 a box of 50. The dicks in fairlakes has a bunch of cases left. Its FMJ brass cased boxer ammo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:07:49 PM EDT
If they had 10% off a case I'd be there. How does that 9mm compare to the Value Packs at Walmart?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:15:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 7:
If they had 10% off a case I'd be there. How does that 9mm compare to the Value Packs at Walmart?

Last time I was at Wal-Mart is was $11 per 100, so that is a little bit of a savings.

shooter

p.s. I will be there tomorrow, hope they have some left
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:32:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 7:
How does that 9mm compare to the Value Packs at Walmart?

Funny you should ask ... Remington-UMC is D-I-R-T-Y! ... even by bulk ammo standards! However, they shot well in the last 9mm pistol I owned. Also, Remington-UMC sells the cheapest hollowpoint 9mm ammo I have found.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:38:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 7:

There is 10% off by the case but most dicks's stores will not do it on the sale price. I will when it is on sale.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:43:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KONY:

Originally Posted By 7:
How does that 9mm compare to the Value Packs at Walmart?

Funny you should ask ... Remington-UMC is D-I-R-T-Y! ... even by bulk ammo standards! However, they shot well in the last 9mm pistol I owned. Also, Remington-UMC sells the cheapest hollowpoint 9mm ammo I have found.

Yes it is dirty, and I have not found it to be as consistently accurate as WWB either...

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:40:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By varoadking:
Yes it is dirty, and I have not found it to be as consistently accurate as WWB either...

Another thing about the UMC stuff is that it is noticeably hotter/ flashier than WWB or CCI Blazer, which could be a good thing as it might do a better job mimicing your SD ammo. Also, running UMC-Remington is a good way to test the limits of your pistol's crud tolerance. Better to find this out at the range than on the street. hock.gif
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:22:58 AM EDT
Was anyone able to buy a whole case at the sale price? The Sunday paper flyer says $4.99 limit 2.

I've shot thousands of UMC 9mm in pistols with no problems, though it doesn't run well in my 9mm AR.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:10:22 PM EDT
I bought 2 cases at the Manassas Dick's no problem.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:22:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dayglo:

Well, it's a good thing I'm heading to NoVA later this week, the Dick's up here in the PRMD only let me have two 50-round boxes at the sale price.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:19:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SlimHazy:
Was anyone able to buy a whole case at the sale price? The Sunday paper flyer says $4.99 limit 2.

I've shot thousands of UMC 9mm in pistols with no problems, though it doesn't run well in my 9mm AR.

I bought 14 cases of it from the fairlakes dicks since my Mac11 eats it so well. The crud is excellent "field lube" it seems.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:22:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SlimHazy:

Originally Posted By dayglo:

Well, it's a good thing I'm heading to NoVA later this week, the Dick's up here in the PRMD only let me have two 50-round boxes at the sale price. hr

That's just not the way to take care of customers..................
Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:18:39 AM EDT
I purchased 10 boxes at Fair Lakes yesterday, 9/13/05. The clerk said there was no limit. Will be back today for more. Also, UMC 45 is $10 a box.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:51:53 AM EDT
I was told UMC ain't up to snuff. I've been using CCI blazer at sportsmans guide pricing comes out to around 5 a box for 9mm. Is the UMC dirtier /less accurate or cleaner/more accurate ?

And I have NO idea what you're tlkaing about in terms of WWB at walmart, everytime I go there (fair lakes) the selection is like 2 boxes of 6.5 Carcano, 6 boxes of 32 ACP, a box of 45 LC and like 1 box of 9mm (for like 8 or 9 bucks).
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:18:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
I was told UMC ain't up to snuff. I've been using CCI blazer at sportsmans guide pricing comes out to around 5 a box for 9mm. Is the UMC dirtier /less accurate or cleaner/more accurate ?

And I have NO idea what you're tlkaing about in terms of WWB at walmart, everytime I go there (fair lakes) the selection is like 2 boxes of 6.5 Carcano, 6 boxes of 32 ACP, a box of 45 LC and like 1 box of 9mm (for like 8 or 9 bucks).

I have never had too much problem finding the both UMC and WWB at Wal-Mart, but I also haven't needed to lately. Next week sometime I will finish up my 9mm stash from the last Bass Pro Shop sale. Wally-World has also been my go-to store for .45, but I will likely pick some up at Dick's today. I don't know why anyone says UMC is not up to snuff, it has been as reliable and accurate to me as WWB, though I prefer CCI/Speer Lawman over all else (but it tends to be spendy).

shooter
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:40:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

I don't think it's all that dirty or inaccurate. No where near as dirty as Fiocchi, or the other imported stuff. I'd say comparable to CCI Blazer. It was a little light loaded to reliably cycle my 9mm AR when I first got it, but it does fine in pistols.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:52:23 PM EDT
Do the Dicks near you all cary handguns? The Galyans the Dicks I go too replaced used to have lots and good staff too, now they are off commision, and dont sell handguns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:58:12 AM EDT
Is this sale still on? They had a few 10% coupons at my IWLA range house and I might go buy some 45 and 9mm.
Top Top