Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2012 8:00:10 PM EDT
Flying Saucer (same ownership) is taking over their spot.  This sucks...they're right across the street from my office...and Saucer is a cheesy beer only joint.  We're going to have to walk a whole block further to get a real drink.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
There use to be an 8.0 in Houston. Killer cheese burger & even better chili cheese fries in a trendy bar setting. If your talking the same place I can see why your pissed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Flying Saucer = Beer Snobs    
Been to the one in DFW off IH30 twice,won't go back.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

For a non beer snob, beer snobby joint I would suggest The Gingerman!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There use to be an 8.0 in Houston. Killer cheese burger & even better chili cheese fries in a trendy bar setting. If your talking the same place I can see why your pissed.

I think they have that on the menu at the Flying Saucer, actually.

The Flying Saucer patrons fancy themselves as Beer Nerds, not snobs! If you want a more snobby clientele, go to the Meddlesome Moth.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

atleast it keeps the "drink-to-get-drunk" douchebags away
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow...I guess I'm the only one of the flipside of the coin?  I LOVE the Flying Saucer, and feel indifferently about 8.0.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a non beer snob, beer snobby joint I would suggest The Gingerman!

Big +1
Flying Saucer blows, crowded yuppy place and the waitresses are terrible.
I avoid the one on Beltline at all costs, and its only a few blocks from me, but screw it
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Big +1
I avoid the one on Beltline at all costs, and its only a few blocks from me, but screw it

The only thing worse there than the slow service is the terrible parking lot configuration.  I like me some beer, but it takes some arm twisting to get me into that place.  I'll take Holy Grail or Gingerman any time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow...I guess I'm the only one of the flipside of the coin?  I LOVE the Flying Saucer, and feel indifferently about 8.0.

I enjoy the Saucer, Bass Pro/IH 30 in Garland.  Been there a few times with guys from work.  Primos mexican food is great, and the Flying Saucer right next door, makes for a good night out.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big +1

The only thing worse there than the slow service is the terrible parking lot configuration.  I like me some beer, but it takes some arm twisting to get me into that place.  I'll take Holy Grail or Gingerman any time.

IF y'all like some good brew, come check us out at the http://www.deepellumbrewing.com/ one saturday. It's ten dollars for 3 beers, Pint Glass, and a tour. 5 dollars for for 3 more beers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big +1

IF y'all like some good brew, come check us out at the http://www.deepellumbrewing.com/ one saturday. It's ten dollars for 3 beers, Pint Glass, and a tour. 5 dollars for for 3 more beers.

Sweet Jeebus!  But then I gotta find my way back up north outta that mix master with a belly and brain full of godnectar?  Challenge accepted.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoy the Saucer, Bass Pro/IH 30 in Garland.  Been there a few times with guys from work.  Primos mexican food is great, and the Flying Saucer right next door, makes for a good night out.

I'm lucky that I have an Uncle Buck's in the Bass Pro near me––quick trip for great beer, yet absolutely terrible service.  They go through servers there like it's nobody's business!  Everytime I find one that doesn't suck, they end up quitting...oh well, the beer is always good.  Then I get feisty and feel like running amok through Bass Pro and talking smack about how much the store hurts my soul.  (Yet they still get my money for range fees, but that's a whole 'nother thread altoghether)
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big +1

Sweet Jeebus!  But then I gotta find my way back up north outta that mix master with a belly and brain full of godnectar?  Challenge accepted.

Be warned, the Darkest Hour is a 9.7 abv! It will rock your world. Just ask my girlfriend last saturday!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Flying Saucer (same ownership) is taking over their spot.  This sucks...they're right across the street from my office...and Saucer is a cheesy beer only joint.  We're going to have to walk a whole block further to get a real drink.

Damn a whole block?  Send Obama your resume and maybe he can find you a job that is closer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was there for the grand opening (?) tour the other weekend - didn't have time for the bus trip.  The IPA was fantastic - it'll be in my kegerator after this (512) keg is done.  I'm holding out hope for something like Three Floyd Gumballhead (wheat with some hop flavor) to come out of a DFW brewery, then I can run two locals in my fridge and keep everyone happy.  For now, guests will have to deal with my love of IPAs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm lucky that I have an Uncle Buck's in the Bass Pro near me––quick trip for great beer, yet absolutely terrible service.  They go through servers there like it's nobody's business!  Everytime I find one that doesn't suck, they end up quitting...oh well, the beer is always good.  Then I get feisty and feel like running amok through Bass Pro and talking smack about how much the store hurts my soul.

Having a beer joint inside a Bass Pro has to be a little like having a brothel inside Disneyland - It just don't jibe...

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm lucky that I have an Uncle Buck's in the Bass Pro near me––quick trip for great beer, yet absolutely terrible service.  They go through servers there like it's nobody's business!  Everytime I find one that doesn't suck, they end up quitting...oh well, the beer is always good.  Then I get feisty and feel like running amok through Bass Pro and talking smack about how much the store hurts my soul.

Having a beer joint inside a Bass Pro has to be a little like having a brothel inside Disneyland - It just don't jibe...

Can you further explain this logic please?
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now there's an idea!

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Love me some Saucer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I like going to 8.0 with the wife every now and then. We used to go there to see the Zac Brown band before they took off. It was a great place to watch a concert when the weather was nice outside.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#21]
its been at least 6 years since i've been to sundance square.  I used to go pretty frequently, then I kept fucking running into an ex-girlfriend every. single. time.  I went.  Not to mention i moved to North dallas, and it just isn't worth it to drive out that way for an evening out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Flying Saucer (same ownership) is taking over their spot. This sucks...they're right across the street from my office...and Saucer is a cheesy beer only joint. We're going to have to walk a whole block further to get a real drink.

The Flying Saucer down here in San Antonio isn't 'cheesy' at all. It's in a newer building and is really nice. To my knowledge, it's about the only joint around that carries 150 different brews.

I'm going to withhold judgement on the new location in FW until it's completed.

I never lost anything at 8.0....always struck me as a hangout for wannabe harley riders.

Sorry for your inconvienience.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Man this sucks. 8.0's was a good place to go hang out. Not fond of the Flying Saucer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a beer knurd.  In particular, I like Texas bier night; any Texas beer they've got is $3 a pint.  I haven't been to the Fort Worth one in some time, but the one in old San Antone isn't bad.  The one that used to be on lower Greenville wasn't bad either.  I got hooked up good with some of the waitresses there and drank for greatly reduced prices for some time too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top