Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2013 4:37:13 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me if there are special procedures/requirements to purchase/own a 50 BMG in minnesota? I've read the section for SBR's posted here but didn't see anything listed for 50 BMG.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Go to the store and buy it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking about buying a Barrett or similar type rifle or a Full Auto Belt Fed Browning ?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me if there are special procedures/requirements to purchase/own a 50 BMG in minnesota? I've read the section for SBR's posted here but didn't see anything listed for 50 BMG.
Are you talking about buying a Barrett or similar type rifle or a Full Auto Belt Fed Browning ?  

http://safetyharborfirearms.com/index.php/products/shf-rifles/shf-r50-detail
Can not afford a Barrett.  Have to find an FFL dealer to go through. Presume I still need my permit to purchase from the county, correct? Appreciate the help. If I do get it, have to find a place to shoot it. AFAIK, no ranges allow 50 BMG from the few I go to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Since it is not semi-automatic I don't think that you will need a purchase permit for it. If you already own an AR15 lower you could buy one of their uppers and have it shipped right to your house.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't even think about that. I have a DPMS oracle 7.62x51/308. Thanks for the tip. Will check on that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that the Safety Harbor uppers are made for the smaller AR15 receiver.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I emailed them to verify if my lower would work. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, just like any other rifle, just order it and pick it up at your FFL when it arrives. Upper could go straight to you, but will not fit on your .308 lower.  After placing your order, get ready to experience the 2nd happiest day in every .50 BMG owners life!
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing special needed.  I had a safety harbor ultramag upper.  I wish I never would have sold it
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After placing your order, get ready to experience the 2nd happiest day in every .50 BMG owners life!
View Quote

I keep watching the video posted in the 50 cal section of the guy with the 18 inch barrel. Gives me a woody watching the power of that rifle. Remember shooting the 50 during my army days. Just friggin awesome.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered the 22 inch barrel w/mag.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just remember when it comes in, pics or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. Probably sometime in February. Need to find a store with an FFL license to get my lower. Scheels doesn't do it. Going to try gander.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Will do. Probably sometime in February. Need to find a store with an FFL license to get my lower. Scheels doesn't do it. Going to try gander.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call element arms in Becker. I have no doubt they will do it for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Was hoping they would have chimed in by now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Was hoping they would have chimed in by now.
View Quote

Sorry missed the thread I will gladly do the transfer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Called you folks this morning. Hope to be there tomorrow to do this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Called you folks this morning. Hope to be there tomorrow to do this.
View Quote

Sweet! Sorry i missed it so long.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#19]
The only downfall to 50 bmg is a place to shoot it! I bought eli75's upper and it is a blast!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The only downfall to 50 bmg is a place to shoot it! I bought eli75's upper and it is a blast!
View Quote

That should help keep my costs down. A relative way up north has some land I can shoot. Long ride. Still looking for some place to break it in around St Cloud area. 1000 yards will do but 500 will do if nothing else is found.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top