Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 7:25:08 AM EDT
I shot a 3 Gun match at the GMSA range on Saturday.  There were 23 shooters total; two squads on five stages with a bunch of rounds sent down range.  They only do four events per year right now (every 5-weekend month), and (IMO) it's worth attending if you're anywhere near the facility.  This is only my second 3 Gun match (the first was also at GMSA), so I can't compare it to any of the others around Atlanta, but I know I had a good time and will be headed back again at the end of October.  For those that have not tried 3 Gun this is not a sanctioned league or 3GN match, so I'd guess the level of competition and intensity is down a few notches from some of the bigger events.  Participants ranged from somewhat serious competitors to the run-what-you-brung crowd (me...).  

My performance with the pistol was rotten, the rifle was mediocre, and my sad old pump shotgun (5 round magazine) didn't help matters either.  

But it was still fun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top