Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 10:45:12 AM EDT
Anyone tell what a good going rate for a  used in average condition 38 snubbie would be..? (price-wise)...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Militia Mike:
Anyone tell what a good going rate for a  used in average condition 38 snubbie would be..? (price-wise)...

I would strongly suggest a Smith and Wesson, or a Ruger SP101. They are both very well made handguns and they can withstand countless rounds of training without getting loose and getting the timing screwed up. IMHO purchasing any other brand of revolver to save a few bucks would be a compromise.

You could probably expect to pay between $250.00 and $400.00 for a used one depending on the model, condition, and work that has been done, i.e porting, trigger job, custom grips, etc.

Also, the best configuration for deep concealed carry would be a stainless (or aluminum), hammerless, or bobbed model with a set of boot grips.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill's has a deal on new S&W 640 5-shot for $350 or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Militia Mike:

this might be old news, but there are articles on the 'net about 'How to buy a used revolver.'  They talk about checking the timing and lock up. I never read it, as i sold off all my wheel guns.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bill's has a deal on new S&W 640 5-shot for $350 or something like that.

Sounds like $350.00 is a no brainer for a brand new Smith.....

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for the assist
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top