Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:28:17 PM EDT
Hi I saw 2 old aircraft fly over head to down here in Columbia county. It was about 3:30PM. They were basically following the Hudson river traveling south. Does any one know what these planes were. B17, B24 etc. I know nothing about planes. Anyway where were they at? Some air show? They were flying very low. Thanks Tim
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
They were on their way to the Orange County Airport - restored B-17 and B-24.  It was on the front page of today's Times Herald Record.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Bushman-269. Iwas just curious. It was a treat seeing them go over head. I thought the fist was a B17 but  what I know about planes you could put on the head of a pin
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
You are welcome.  I may have to take a ride down to the airport myself to see them in person.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You are welcome.  I may have to take a ride down to the airport myself to see them in person so I can take pics and share them here on ARFCOM.

Fixed it heh
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Also,

There is an air show that operates out of Rhinebeck, NY in Dutchess County.  It is called "Cole Palen's Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome".  It operates from June 18th - Oct 16th.  Also, there's a museum that operates May 15th - Oct 31st.  The website is www.oldrhinebeck.org.  Check the site to see what aircraft they have at the shows.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:05:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also,

There is an air show that operates out of Rhinebeck, NY in Dutchess County.  It is called "Cole Palen's Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome".  It operates from June 18th - Oct 16th.  Also, there's a museum that operates May 15th - Oct 31st.  The website is www.oldrhinebeck.org.  Check the site to see what aircraft they have at the shows.

I've been there a couple of times quite a few years ago. I just said to my wife the other night we have to go there again. They always have acoupon in the paper for a discount on admmision
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Both these planes just flew over my house in Mercer.  Simply awesome!  The B17 was low and coming in for a landing at the nearby airport.  I'm half-tempted to drive out there and get on the tarmac to check them out
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]
It seems to me that they had a B17 at the Schenectady County Airport that you could go for a ride in. It wasn't cheap but I'm sure it would be a thrill
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
That'd be so cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top