Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2011 11:47:28 AM EDT
Gonna be a good year! 6 tags for most zones.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah.  I can't eat that much venison. I only kill what I can eat.

Personally, I enjoy the alone time in the woods as much if not more than just killing a dear. Anyone can pull the trigger, but takes specific people to enjoy 12+ hours alone in the woods to really get something out of it..

The only reason I will harvest more than that is when I have someone that i know that doesn't or can't hunt and wants some meat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nah.  I can't eat that much venison. I only kill what I can eat.

Personally, I enjoy the alone time in the woods as much if not more than just killing a dear. Anyone can pull the trigger, but takes specific people to enjoy 12+ hours alone in the woods to really get something out of it..

The only reason I will harvest more than that is when I have someone that i know that doesn't or can't hunt and wants some meat.

I generally don't eat ONE much less 6. But I know a lotta people that love it and can't hunt anymore. More tags=more time in the woods

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to fill my tags this year.  I can't eat it all myself but I do share it with my FIL, family, and friends.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd like to fill my tags this year.  I can't eat it all myself but I do share it with my FIL, family, and friends.

The only persons in my family that will eat venison is my grandfather,grandmother, and myself. The rest of my goofy family, including my wife, wont touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only persons in my family that will eat venison is my grandfather,grandmother, and myself. The rest of my goofy family, including my wife, wont touch the stuff.

M4Geek and Bama know how I play it

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That works out well as we're both planning on hunting this fall. Should have lots of free space for cans of meat and lots of freezer space for the stuff we'll eat quicker/dont want to can.

Although families of 4 taking 24 deer will put a pretty good damper on the population in my area.

The zones that are 6 this year, were 5 last year. Starting population is higher this year.

I remember when it was 3 a year.

I believe it was Hope last year that followed the lead of Heber springs to allow archery in city limits its so outta hand. Them bitches is breedin

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a recipe I can share with you to change that.  It's the only way the wife will touch venison.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I remember when even seeing a deer during season was a major topic of conversation for weeks after. Actually killing a deer was the stuff of legend.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That works out well as we're both planning on hunting this fall. Should have lots of free space for cans of meat and lots of freezer space for the stuff we'll eat quicker/dont want to can.

Although families of 4 taking 24 deer will put a pretty good damper on the population in my area.

The zones that are 6 this year, were 5 last year. Starting population is higher this year.

I believe it was Hope last year that followed the lead of Heber springs to allow archery in city limits its so outta hand. Them bitches is breedin

I grew up in Hope and there were deer everywhere.  There could be up to 5 deer hit a week inside the city.
Culley
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:00:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry but the deer in this state are small. I'll go back to SD to hunt deer/elk.

Damn, it just occured to me I've not hunted in 11 years.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:26:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry but the deer in this state are small. I'll go back to SD to hunt deer/elk.

Damn, it just occured to me I've not hunted in 11 years.

They'll get bigger when they are thinned out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Guess that makes sense. Had a very bad case of blue tounge spread theough the entire Black Hills area a few years before I left SD. When they allowed dear hunting again the average size of the bucks was about 20 points.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top