Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2010 3:51:17 PM EDT
jesus, went to watertown Gander mountain, still getting obama surge prices on ARs...even ban compliant versions WTF! how are they still in business with those prices!

damn
1200$ for a bushy 20in flattop!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no bargains at Gander Mountain. Maybe if there is a sale on discontinued items, then yes. Otherwise I stay away from Gander. I prefer to keep my business local if I can.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
jesus, went to watertown Gander mountain, still getting obama surge prices on ARs...even ban compliant versions WTF! how are they still in business with those prices!

damn
1200$ for a bushy 20in flattop!

If you want "deals" you've got to stay out of places like that!
It's fun to go in and look around, finger the merchandise, but if you want a better price then you'd be better off visiting a Mom & Pop shop.    I'll bet that same rifle can be bought for $200. less, or you could get a Rock River A4 with a stainless bull barrel for that price.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Completely normal down here on the island. One of the local meter maids bought one at a local store for that exact price. They told him it was exactly the same as the one the military issues except it didn't have the happy switch. I didn't have the heart to show him the chart.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, go with Mom and Pop shops. They will work with you on most stuff and you will get what you need, not what they are told to sell that month. Example:Gander is forced to due huge buyouts on merch so they can "get better prices" only to mark it back up. Then shit they don't need gets shipped to them. Like Deercaine, which is illigal in NY. Yet they sell it anyways. Or, like the black powder that has been on the shelves for 2 years because they were sent over 50 lbs of it. Moral of the story, go elsewhere. If you want to look for somewhere else, just ask, we all know where to go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL!

i just built my cousin an M4 variant with some nice parts for about $580!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:25:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I bought a pair of boots from them...5 years ago. Haven't bought anything since
they moved the guns behind the counter at the watertown store so now there is no reason for me to go in there. I went in a few years and FF a mini-30, got it for about 350$ less back home

900$ for a mini-30
1200$ for a bushy flattop

the store looked dead, anybody know how gander is doing business wise?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Well they are still open but I know the gun's behind the counter deal has hurt/helped them a little. Hurt them by having really long waits to see a firearm but it has put a stop to retards who go in there and bang up $1000+ shotguns and rifles. People still go in there buy shit short handed though. I know if I have to I will go there and buy cover scent or drag rags and maybe some camo if I need it right then and there, otherwise I do my best to go elsewhere.

Every once in awhile they will have a descent sale but its not often.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]
My cousin just picked up a bushmaster m4 clone ny compliant for $800.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
wont name names for the bad places but...  

Albany area shops you cant touch even a ban compliant AR for less than $1200.....and thats either a rifle with NO sights of any kind..or one with just simple Magpul ones.

Home of the $80-120 dollar Steyr Aug mags     "PREEEEEEEEEEEBANNNNN" on the labels.

yeah, im not rich enough, or retarded enough to buy stuff at the shops.  Only place ive come across decent prices, at least on used trade in handguns was at Zacks up in Round Lake.  Had a few good deals there ive seen in the past.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Albany area shops you cant touch even a ban compliant AR for less than $1200.....and thats either a rifle with NO sights of any kind..or one with just simple Magpul ones.

or a WASR for under $600

seems to me the albany trend is to mark stuff $200-400 over what the factory lists on their websites as the price....... even wantaddigest is out of control on used prices, $1000 for M&P 15's that i see going for 600 online

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

wont name names for the bad places but...  

Home of the $80-120 dollar Steyr Aug mags     "PREEEEEEEEEEEBANNNNN" on the labels.

yeah, im not rich enough, or retarded enough to buy stuff at the shops.  Only place ive come across decent prices, at least on used trade in handguns was at Zacks up in Round Lake.  Had a few good deals there ive seen in the past.

Zack's is good people. When you say you won't name names, sounds like A.S.S. to me.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Just bought an RRA Varmint 556 18" stainless bull barrel for 1099.00 in the Albany area.    Pretty much the same price on RRA site.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Deercaine isnt illegal in NY. Its illegal to use it while hunting deer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Deercaine isnt illegal in NY. Its illegal to use it while hunting deer.

Same at Cabelas...

Nothing but big ol' beer bellies and high cost black rifles.....

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Gander Mountain gun sales depend heavily on the uninformed public
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

this.
built a NY compliant A4 clone for less than that...even with the fees for attaching the comp and milling the bayo lug
before accesories i had a base AR for about 900$ and I think my estimate is a few bucks high

I was amazed to see a P90..i guess the flash hider is the evil feature?
if I cant get a 50 round mag for thing..I wont touch it..a 10 round P90 mag is knida gay.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.
built a NY compliant A4 clone for less than that...even with the fees for attaching the comp and milling the bayo lug
before accesories i had a base AR for about 900$ and I think my estimate is a few bucks high

I was amazed to see a P90..i guess the flash hider is the evil feature?
if I cant get a 50 round mag for thing..I wont touch it..a 10 round P90 mag is knida gay.

It has the gay written all over it. A guy I worked with had one and he is former military and thought it would be a good idea to buy one. When I told him he couldn't have a 50 rd mag for it, he kinda looked puzzled. He also indicated he didn't give 2 shits and would modify the 10 rounder to fit the full 50.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy a stripped lower and build assemble what you want: Most basic rifles can be put together for ~$600. of course the spiffier it is the more it's going to cost....being a cheap bastard I just can't see how some guys drop one or two K on a "poodle shooter"  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I built a 16in 6731 clone off a DTI non-chrome upper..with a rock river 2 stage lower with A2 stock...for about 620 (the trigger brought the cost up a bit)
its a nice simple ban compliant carbine

I use A2 stocks on my builds, I just dont see a point in fixed collapsibles.

to each his own I suppose
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top