Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 4:21:42 PM EDT
As some of you are aware I was having some issues with my AR at the range Saturday and had to put it away early. The problem turned out to be the disconnector.

Old part on top, new part underneath for comparison:

It seemed like a crap-quality part and might've been out of spec even when it was new. I replaced the whole trigger group and it works great now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it fun until you realized it could get you 10 years at club fed?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It'd probably be a lot more fun if I was expecting it to happen. It's actually pretty frightening when it goes off when it's not supposed to.

I didn't know what the hell was going on until I got it home.

When I pulled the upper off and manipulated the parts by hand I could tell... sometimes the hammer would drop all the way when the trigger was released.

I guess I should probably go grind this disconnector into dust on the bench grinder before the SWAT team kicks down my door.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It'd probably be a lot more fun if I was expecting it to happen. It's actually pretty frightening when it goes off when it's not supposed to.

When I pulled the upper off and manipulated the parts by hand I could tell... sometimes the hammer would drop all the way when the trigger was released.

I guess I should probably go grind this disconnector into dust on the bench grinder before the SWAT team kicks down my door.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hide your dog first.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Very scary because if you had a round that did not fully chamber you could have had an out of battery issue.

You had slam fires which are not fun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Throw it in a river, I hear that's a great method of disposal
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe you didn't give us all a try .

What were you wearing Saturday? EDIT: Were you the tall guy in the sleeveless at the bar?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an issue with that part on a .22LR AR build - it fired once on the squeeze of the trigger and once on release of the trigger...  I was test firing in my backyard.  Needless to say that part was swapped out quickly and discarded!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't believe you didn't give us all a try .

What were you wearing Saturday? EDIT: Were you the tall guy in the sleeveless at the bar?
View Quote

Yeah that was me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had an issue with that part on a .22LR AR build - it fired once on the squeeze of the trigger and once on release of the trigger...  I was test firing in my backyard.  Needless to say that part was swapped out quickly and discarded!
View Quote

While it may be a malfunction, firing on pull and then firing on release is perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

While it may be a malfunction, firing on pull and then firing on release is perfectly legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With that being said, do they make such parts to do so intentionally?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they don't I think it may be a  million dollar idea.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very scary because if you had a round that did not fully chamber you could have had an out of battery issue.
View Quote

It was still safe though. My rifle has a special feature designed to prevent out-of-battery issues:

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It exists http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/08/19/liberator-carbine-bi-directional-trigger-7-62x39/
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, it's called a Taccon 3MR trigger
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's got a positive reset, but I still don't think it fires on the release stroke.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's got a positive reset, but I still don't think it fires on the release stroke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't Shot gun/skeet shooters do this so they can pull-shoot then release_shoot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top