Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:39:08 PM EDT
The next Tactical Rifle Match will be held at the Carolina Star (www.carolinastar.com ) on October 1, 2005.  Registration for the match will
begin at 0830, with a safety briefing at 0900, and shooting to begin
immediately thereafter.  The fee for the match will be $17.  The match will
consist of three COF's, with a MINIMUM round count of 60.

The first COF will be a barricade stage.  Targets will be IDPA silhouettes
and steel plates, and will be engaged from "point blank" to forty yards.  
This stage will include a spinning target and hostages.

The second COF will be our distance stage.  Targets will include bowling
pins, steel plates, and IDPA silhouettes, that will be engaged from 100
yards from the prone position.  This stage will require thirteen scoring
rounds, and the shooter will be limited to a maximum of twenty rounds fired.
 Bonus points will be awarded for head shots on the IDPA targets.

The last COF will be a shoot house type room clearing drill.  The shooter
will use cover while engaging IDPA silhouettes at contact to 15 yards.

All stages will be shot "vickers count" unless otherwise noted.
Our standard "one gun / one optic rule is in effect".

ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE AMMUNITION

Firearms and gear will be available; we ask that you bring new, commercial
.223 cal. ammunition for use in these guns.

Hope to see you there!

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope I do a little better this time. I shot like crap at Pinetucky Sunday. My Ruger pistol that the saftey fell out of came back. I loaded it up for the pistol part of the match and the mag would not fit in the grip without forcing it. I have no idea what the factory did to it but it cost me 47$ to ship it back to them again because of UPS overnight rule.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not shot in a tactical Carbine match.  I have shot many times in both IDPA and IPSC.  How does this match compare and is this match open to the public?  I live in Atlanta and am wondering if it is worth the 3 and 1/2 hour drive.   It sounds great and any input as to the match and required equipment would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have not shot in a tactical Carbine match.  I have shot many times in both IDPA and IPSC.  How does this match compare and is this match open to the public?  I live in Atlanta and am wondering if it is worth the 3 and 1/2 hour drive.   It sounds great and any input as to the match and required equipment would be greatly appreciated.

The match is definitely open to the public!

If you've shot IDPA and IPSC, you're familiar with the basic set-up; think of a tactical carbine match as the rifle portion of an IPSC three-gun match, shot with IDPA rules.

The basic equipment is a semi-auto, magazine fed carbine / rifle, at least three magazines, a mag carrier, and lots of ammunition.  

I can't say as to whether it is worth a 3 1/2 hour drive or not (especially with the price of gas), but we have regulars from Charleston, and have had shooters from as far away as W.V., and they all went home happy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The continuing education class I signed up for work got bumped a week and now I have got to go to Columbia for class that saturday.    Sure hate to miss it. Hope everyone has a great time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Come on out for the match. Do not be afraid, we do not bite. Imagine, fun shooting, good folks, the great out of doors. What could be better. A chance to find out if all the go faster goodies adorning your rifle really work/help.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Any match details? Any pictures this time? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Our staff photographer was MIA for this match, but I did snap a few pictures of two of the COF's just because they were so E-V-I-L.

The targets on the cross bar in the second pick were on a spinner...."Volume of fire" was the catch phrase of the day.

The barrels in the last pictures were stacked to form a port from which all tagets had to be engaged, but I unstacked them so you could see the target array.  NONE of the hostages survived.
I hope that they were "COLLABORATORS".

I didn't get any pitures of the 100 yard stage, but suffice it to say that bowling pins are very small targets at that distance.

A big thanks to all of those that came out to shoot the match!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Rabbit9,

I really enjoyed the match.  Great job setting up the stages.  I'll definately be back!  Is it true you're going to outlaw the GripPod at future matches?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Any match details? Any pictures this time? Thanks.

I don't know BUT I heard it was a "STORMY" kinda day!!  

I hope to rejoin you guys next month!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Rabbit9,

I really enjoyed the match.  Great job setting up the stages.  I'll definately be back!  Is it true you're going to outlaw the GripPod at future matches?  

We've always run the matches as "Open Class", and will continue to do so.  You can run anything you want to, as long as the configuration of the weapon does not change during the match.

The GripPod was a surprising piece of gear.  I was familiar with the design long before it came to market, and it turned out even better than I thought it would.  The grip fits your hand better than anything else I have tried, and you get an instantly deployable bipod as a bonus.

I won't be outlawing the GripPod, but I may be purchasing one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't know BUT I heard it was a "STORMY" kinda day!!  
I hope to rejoin you guys next month!

FOILED AGAIN!

Consistent shooting wins matches, not guns or gear.  This was just another example.  I do think that everyone was surprised about the accuracy of the 9mm Storm at distance.

Hope your doing well buddy, and really hope to see you back on the range very soon.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I was wondering why the scores had not showed up  on CSRAPISTOL yet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ed has already sent the scores out to the CSRADPL Yahoo group, so they should have been posted on the website.  I'll follow up on that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#14]
It could be a really small group of about 14
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It could be a really small group of about 14

1st post.  Cool.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed has already sent the scores out to the CSRADPL Yahoo group, so they should have been posted on the website.  I'll follow up on that.

Scores are up on the website.  See them here.

It definately was a STORMY day.  Mark had that little Beretta smoking.  He cleaned the 100 yard stage very fast.  Good shooting Mark!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top