Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2023 2:27:46 PM EDT
Lee Merritt also faces one charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon, police said.

This gonna be good.

A liberal, woke, race baiting, BLM Democrat..........had a gun.

Edited to add........it may not necessarily be a gun. But I don't really see him carrying a tomahawk.

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Half of the article, of course, was spent putting a halo on his head.

I assume the unlawful carrying of a weapon was related to him having one on him while committing another crime, that of obstructing a highway/passageway.  

Is that something specific to Constitutional Carry I wonder, where you are liable for the unlawful carrying if you are also charged with another crime, or also subject to that if LTCing?  I vaguely remember that unlawful carry aspect being added in to help CC get passed, but could be wrong.  Would be a hoot if this former AG candidate was nailed on that aspect, which was meant to snare those engaged in crime.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He's a wannabe George Crump. Ran for Texas AG last year despite not being licensed to practice law in Texas.

I assume the unlawful carrying of a weapon was related to him having one on him while committing another crime, that of obstructing a highway/passageway.  

Is that something specific to Constitutional Carry I wonder, where you are liable for the unlawful carrying if you are also charged with another crime, or also subject to that if LTCing?  I vaguely remember that unlawful carry aspect being added in to help CC get passed, but could be wrong.  Would be a hoot if this former AG candidate was nailed on that aspect, which was meant to snare those engaged in crime.

I bet charges will be dropped before his taxes are due.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He's a wannabe George Crump. Ran for Texas AG last year despite not being licensed to practice law in Texas.

I bet charges will be dropped before his taxes are due.
View Quote

did the arrested guy break someone's ankle?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

did the arrested guy break someone's ankle?
View Quote

Even JWP knows not to do that in Collin County.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#6]

This is common tactic by the left.  Then have legal scum running in and around their protests/riots, as if somehow going to law schools makes them exempt from actually following the law.  

As said in the article: "Merritt said he was responsible for the group of legal observers at the protest who do not participate but are there to write down badge numbers, identify routes and speak with law enforcement if needed."  And also break the law, apparently.

This time, the halo was applied to Merritt at the end of the article, instead of at the beginning.  The rest of it reads like a press release, which is par for the course for the media - they'll vomit up whatever statement a leftist gives them, without questioning any aspect of it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
In previous street parades, takeovers and blockades, Lee Merritt and others wore a t-shirt with "Legal Observer" on it. Just like "Media" or "Photojournalist" such a shirt does not exempt one from the law.
In May 2021, this occurred at the intersection of 121 & Preston on the Plano side. Lee Merritt can be seen in a red tshirt at the 1:19 mark:  
https://youtu.be/ewyhysIHyzk

He wasn't arrested until he stepped into the street. His reasons for stepping into the street dont really matter. He went from "observing" to "participating".

Thirty days in jail won't stop this shit. But that would make him a hero.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
He's been front and center at every race-baiting event in north Texas since 2016.  Especially odd since his law firm is based in Philly or someplace; but I suppose he's making good money settling with different police departments and taking his %.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top