Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2010 8:46:17 AM EDT
Rand's endorsements are starting to come in (Concerned Women For America, GOA, Steve Forbes) and more will be announced in the coming weeks as the May 18th primary approaches.
And while GOA's endorsement is a good one, we all know the NRA's Political Victory Fund is the big one for gun owners. All the candidates actually have good Second Amendment records but of course Rand is the one true Constitutional Conservative.
ETA: See my update bottom pg. 1. He is now officially an NRA Life Member!

Rand has been actively gathering support from gun owners across the state with booths at gun shows (no other candidates are doing this) and has addressed Knob Creek MG Shoot attendees which again, no other candidates bother to come to.
On the Democrat side (which we won't have to worry about until November), AG Jack Conway has solidified his pro-2nd Amendment credentials by signing on with the TX AG's pro-Heller and 2nd Amendment Incorporation through the 14th Amendment Amicus briefs to the US Supreme Court. Meanwhile Lt. Governor Dan Mongiardo is an NRA member, an avid hunter and has always earned the NRA's "A" rating.
So NRA-PVF will have a tough choice to make in both primaries and it's critical for Rand to pick this one up. Above everything else, the NRA is a political beast and Rand's polling and fund-raising numbers just might be enough to earn their endorsement...but we can't count on it.
So, if you are an NRA member and you want the NRA-PVF to endorse Rand here is what you must do:
1. Contact the NRA-PVF and ask them to endorse Rand Paul for US Senate. They will need to actually hear from KY NRA members and I believe a large number of us supporting Rand can influence them.
Click HERE to contact NRA-PVF
Enter your information, scroll down to the "Subject" bar and select "Candidate grade or endorsement"
2. Network with other NRA members in your area who also support Rand and as a group reach out to your local NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator. Let him know that you support Rand, ask him to do so as well and offer to help him get out the vote locally.
3. Find and attend local Friends of NRA events where you can discuss Rand Paul with fellow NRA members. Friends of NRA is strictly non-political so setting up an information table about Rand might not be possible but nothing's stopping you from encouraging people to contcat the NRA-PVF to ak them to endorse Rand.
If you have any questions about Friends of NRA please contact KY's NRA Field Rep Larry M Summarell at [email protected]
4. Finally; Cross post the link to this post to other pro-gun websites in Kentucky and spread the word about Rand Paul to others.
Time is short so let's get to it!

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's what I just sent them:
"I am a Life Member and a Precinct Captain for the Jefferson County Republican Party here in Kentucky.
Dr. Rand Paul from Bowling Green, KY deserves the NRA's endorsement because he is the only candidate actively courting gun owners with his "NO COMPROMISE" stance on the 2nd Amendment. Dr. Paul and his grassroots volunteers regularly staff gun show booths to promote his candidacy (no other candidates do so) and one of his first campaign speeches was at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot.
He is leading by 19 points in the latest poll and has raised the most money of any candidate in the race. Dr. Paul is an often requested speaker at Tea Party demonstrations around Kentucky because of his "Original Intent" and "Strict Constructionist" views of the US Constitution. He also has earned key endorsements from Concerned Women For America, the Gun Owners of America and former Presidential candidate Steve Forbes. In addition, Sen. Jim DeMint's Senate Conservatives Fund is actively being lobbied by Dr. Paul's grassroots supporters for the Fund's endorsement.
And though nothing has been publicly announced, from my position as an active state and local Republican activist, I can assure you that Dr. Paul has the support of several very prominent Republican state elected officials.
I strongly urge you to please consider endorsing Dr. Rand Paul in the KY Republican Primary for the US Senate."

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Please provide a citation for the 19 point lead in the polls.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link Cottonbaler!

I just submitted my request for the NRA to endorse Rand Paul for U.S. Senate.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
done
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd be happy to!
Public Policy's Polling's own blog
WHAS 11
CQPolitics.com
NKY.com

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be happy to!

Public Policy's Polling's own blog

WHAS 11

CQPolitics.com

NKY.com

And you do realize that is a Democrat polling firm, right?

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And you do realize that is a Democrat polling firm, right?

So that automatically invalidates their poll?

Like it or not, the Freedom Movement is real and Rand Paul is on track for the win!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Invalidate it?  No.  Question and scrutinize it?  Absolutely.  Sorry, I would'nt be running around citing polling results of a Republic primary done by a Democrat polling firm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Please provide a citation that the polling agency is part of the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please provide a citation that the polling agency is part of the Democratic Party.

I did'nt say it was part of the Democratic Party.  I said it was a Democratic polling firm.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/123709.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/24062.html

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/09/27/20090927nowicki0927.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/27640_Page2.html

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting articles but I don't share your cynicism that this polling firm would fake a 19% lead for Rand Paul.  

What data is there to the contrary?
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Interesting articles but I don't share your cynicism that this polling firm would fake a 19% lead for Rand Paul.

What data is there to the contrary?

No data to the contrary, with the exception of the SurveyUSA poll that was done six weeks earlier.  Remove the R's from the discussion as I know you are quite vested in Paul and just look at the D's.  A 40 point difference on the D side in less than six weeks?  Somebody's numbers are off.

The really importnant question?  Who paid for the poll?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Regarding Public Policing Polling:
Unlike Cavalry99, I'm not judging
polling organizations by their perceived or genuine biases.  I'm
posting polls as they are released from whomever. If a polling firm
publishes a poll in this race, I will post it regardless of the outcome

And it just so happens there's a new poll today...

2010 Kentucky Senate: GOP Hopefuls Now Ahead of Both Democratic Rivals

"The two top Republican hopefuls for the U.S. Senate in Kentucky have
put a little more distance between themselves and their chief
Democratic contenders in a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in
the state.

Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson and Rand Paul, an
opthamologist and the son of Congressman Ron Paul, remain ahead of
Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo. Now, however, the GOP hopefuls
also are beating state Attorney General Jack Conway.

While Paul is likely to get an extra boost from
enthusiastic supporters of his father’s presidential bid in 2008, both
Republicans are benefiting from unhappiness in Kentucky with the
national health care plan now working its way through Congress.

Just 34% of Kentucky voters favor the health care plan,
while 62% oppose it. These numbers include 16% who Strongly Favor it
versus 50% who Strongly Oppose. This is much stronger opposition to the plan than is found nationally...

Grayson leads Mongiardo by the same seven-point margin he had in the
previous survey – 44% to 37%. Against Conway, he now posts a 10-point
lead – 45% to 35%.

Paul runs stronger against Mongiardo. His five-point lead
in October has now jumped to a 14-point spread – 49% to 35%. He bests
Conway now 46% to 38%.

Both Republicans carry over 70% of the votes of those who
strongly oppose the health care plan no matter which Democrat they are
facing... "

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would a democrat polling study bias the polls in a conservative republicans favor? That is like the anti-matter of lib-tards.

And even if they did... who gives a damn? Is this any reason to not ask the NRA-PVF to support this candidate?
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rand has been actively gathering support from gun owners across the state with booths at gun shows

That's me!

I had a Rand booth at the Lexington gun show back in March of 2009?  I had a shared table for Rand and the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act at the Lexington and Louisville gun shows in December, but I had separate tables for Rand and the KFFA at the January gun shows in Louisville and Lexington.

Setting up the Rand booth (KFFA booth in the background):
http://209.197.93.201/RandGunShowBooth.jpg

Rand picks up the valuable endorsement of Lt. Boomer, my .50 BMG!
http://209.197.93.201/BoomerSupportsRand.jpg

Rand is well liked among gun owners.  Other Republican candidates are seeing Rand's soaring poll numbers and are starting to copy his message and positions, but I think most gun owners can tell the difference between the real deal and a lame copy.  It's as clear as the difference between a real candidate with integrity and a politician who will say anything to be elected.

In 2010, we have the chance to elect a GOOD senator.  Let's make the most of that opportunity by electing Rand.  There is no better candidate on any part of our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and that certainly includes the second amendment.

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey Bruce! Good to see you here in the KY HTF. Check your IM's.

For those of you who don't know, Bruce has been one of Rand's staunch gun show activists across the Commonwealth and is very active in Lexington Open Carry activities.

Bruce also has a nice selection of Liberty Buttons on his website if you'd like to order some.
Oh, and here's my response from the NRA-ILA:
" Dear Mr. xxxxxx
Thank you for contacting NRA-ILA. We will be making endorsements

closer to the election. We will send out candidate surveys to all candidates

after the filing deadline. Based on this survey we will assign grades and make endorsements.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with further

questions or concerns.
Best Regards,
Miranda Bond

NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

www.nraila.org "
Sounds like a typical boilerplate response but if you're an NRA member it's important to let them know you support the Second Amendment, the NRA and Dr. Paul
They need to hear from you!

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if I could order some of those buttons as stickers and use them in my bumper campaign?
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#18]
UPDATE:
I've just confirmed he's now an NRA Life Member!

Regarding 2nd Amendment issues, Rand is now on a much more equal footing with the other candidates. Of course he also earned the Gun Owners of America endorsement
Rand is solid on the 2nd Amendment. He's the only candidate who has spoken at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot and he will be at the next one in April. And no other candidate has grassroots volunteers running l booths at gun shows.
Please continue contacting the NRA-PVF and ask for their endorsement for Dr. Rand Paul,

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

UPDATE:

I've just confirmed he's now an NRA Life Member. ON RKBA he now is on a much more equal footing with the other candidates. Of course he also earned the Gun Owners of America endorsement

Rand is solid on the 2nd Amendment. He's the only candidate who has spoken at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot and he will be at the next one in April. And no other candidate has grassroots volunteers running l booths at gun shows.

Please continue contacting the NRA-PVF and ask for their endorsement for Dr. Rand Paul,

Seriously, your BS about he is the only guy who has spoken at KCR. Who invited him there? Did they invite all of the other candidates? Yeah, I thought not.

Go look at Bill Johnson's stance on the 2nd amendment, just as strong as carpetbagger Paul. And Johnson has a much better stance on the military and the war on terror that Paul does.

The leghumping in the HTF is getting really old Cotton.
Link Posted: 1/28/2010 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Cavalry99: I appreciate your support of another candidate and if you wish to post news of other candidates you are certainly free to do so.
I have not made any negative statements about Bill Johnson and I do not intend to do so. If he is the nominee I will vote for him. I think your support of another candidate would be perceived in a better way if it consisted of positive articles about him rather than simple bashing of other candidates.
Regarding Knob Creek: I'm sure if Kenny is asked, any candidate would be welcome at KCR. Perhaps Rand is the only one up to this point who has taken the initiative to speak to MG Shoot attendees?
And the "carpetbagger" charge is indeed getting tiresome. Dr. Paul is from Texas, married a girl from Russelville, KY and settled in Bowling Green 20 years ago where he established his Ophthalmology practice.
The requirements for running for the US Senate:

http://www.sos.ky.gov/elections/qualifications/default.htm

"Must be at least 30 years of age, a U.S. citizen for 9 years, and, when
elected, an inhabitant of the State for which he is chosen."
All of the candidates, including Dr. Paul, have met these requirements so I don't see what the problem is. I myself moved to KY in 2000 and consider myself a Kentuckian. Are there any other fellow KY HTF ARFCOMers who moved to KY and now consider themselves "Kentuckians"? Are we "carpet baggers" as well? Does not living here all our lives make us any less Kentuckians?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top