Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 11:36:20 PM EDT
I forgot who was the maker of this bullet, I've seen it somewhere back on one of arfcoms discussions.  it shows a .45cal bullet that has a torx head type point to it and is fully jacketed.  it supposed to be a handgun bullet that penetrates deep and the hex type point on it works like a drill in tearing up tissue instead of the traditional mushrooming effect.

anybody remember/seen it?  I'd like to get a hold of some because it does look like a good hunting round instead of a personal defense.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like one of the Rainier JHP's maybe.
It has that funny looking hex shaped hollow point and is a total jacket (no lead exposed on the base).
I use the 200 gr in my 45's and the 335 gr in my 50 beowulf.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I vaguely recall the "Pin Grabber" for shooting bowling pins  Google search
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
okay, none of the ones mentioned is the one I was talking about.   what the bullet looks like is think of how just a cap blank in .45acp would look like.  well the bullet itself very much resembles the way at the mouth of the blank round of how it's crimped shut but there's no opening at the tip at all.  as I can remember when I saw the article of the bullet and it's performance in gelatin the maker was just passed the stage of testing the round and was taking orders for the bullet...I had the website saved on my pc, but the damn thing crashed and I lost all that's been saved.   this bullet does not mushroom but instead it uses the serrations (like the way the "bullet" section on a blank round) and cuts away everything in it's way as the bullet spins through.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I would think you're referring to the old Kaswer law grabbers.   They also made the pin grabber bullet.  I've got one round of .357 left over from many years back.   They're long out of business IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would think you're referring to the old Kaswer law grabbers.   They also made the pin grabber bullet.  I've got one round of .357 left over from many years back.   They're long out of business IIRC.

I don't think that the round was that old.  it appearantly came out around this time last year.  you got a pic of the .357 that ur talking about
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you talking about Extreme shock?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:18:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are you talking about Extreme shock?

nope, it's not extreme shock either.  it was developed by a small company.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think that the round was that old.  it appearantly came out around this time last year.  you got a pic of the .357 that ur talking about

I'd have to hunt around to find it.   Basically a JHP with teeth
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:15:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd have to hunt around to find it.   Basically a JHP with teeth

remember it's not a "hollowpoint", the front half the bullet itself looks similar to how a torx head driver would look and it's got no openings anywhere for expansion because it's design not to expand but to shredd
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:47:01 AM EDT
[#11]
you thinking of a winchester black talon?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#12]
nope it's not those either...remember, it the bullet doesn't have any openings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top