Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 8:51:15 PM EDT
im thinking of one or the other?i like both .45 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
My *personal* experience with ruger pistols is, is that they suck.

It was heavy and bulky and shot ike a brick.  Way to many parts, prone to failure.

WHy buy a crappy imitation, go get yourself a glock and be done with it.

The Glock 21 can *not* be beat for full size 45acp action and the Glock 19 is the *undisputed* king of 9mm.

Price ought to be the same for the Ruger or the Glock, get the glock.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have to agree with hielo here.

Though I'm not a Glock fan, I'd buy a Glock over any auto-loading Ruger any day.

Another idea is to check the used market. I missed a Beretta 92FS that was in the local paper earlier this week. Listed as "unfired with 2 hi-caps" the asking price was $425.00 and the first guy that called about it ended up buying it.

My buddy bought a Glock 17 used at the show last weekend with 2 10 rounders for $450.00 and it looks like new.

Stay away from the Rugers (unless you are buying revolvers), you will be glad you did. Otherwise, you will be trying to sell it to get something else later.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Just picked up a P-90 at the last show.  Only taken it once so far but initial impression is favorable.  Shoots as well as I do, trigger is better than a lot of stuff I have.  So far no complaints.  Yeah, its a big'ol piece of tin, but that doesn't really bother me.

Two friends have had P94.  Have been quite happy with them.  Reliable.  Accurate enough.  Can't beat them for the money.  

Not as sexy as a Glock/SIG/HK but they work.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The undisputed king of my ass maybe but never of the 9mm world! Get a Beretta 92FS and leave all the rest for the kids to play with!

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had a P89 for about 9 years. Not the prettiest handgun, but certainly a very reliable piece. Have fed it everything from junk to the good stuff and it keeps going bang. Accuracy is not the best, but the price is certainly good. Esspecially with the current $40 rebate. I always try to rent one before I buy it or find a friend with one. That way you can decide for yourself before laying down any cash for it. But my opinion is that it is worth the money.......
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Save your self a lot of time & money & mo' money by not buying a Ruger. They're bulkier than hell, heavier than hell & are rudimentry (plain in the bad sense) at best.
A Ruger will shoot damn near anything you ever put in it but its accuracy will never win an informal match.
Plus, when you eventually trade the Ruger in & up-grade to something better, you'll take more of a % hit on the depreciation than you would versus almost any other "name" brand.
What I do is buy a good brand used: Beretta, Sig, Glock, H&K, etc. etc. I let someone else take the depreciation hit & I get a gun usually in 98-99% for only a price of 75% or so of retail. Not a bad deal for a poor bastard like me.  >gg<
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought two Rugers when I first got into pistols. One 40 and one 9. Both have since been sold and replaced with Glocks. I don't think you would be dissapointed with a Ruger but the Glock in my opinion is a much better pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top