Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 6:15:21 PM EDT
i love the way they look.  i want one for myself and a few to sell. i am trying to decide which model to get for myself though.  

my questions are:

1. can you get the 5" barrel with nickle to match the nickle slide?
2. can you get threaded barrels ( or would i do better to get the 5" and thread it)?
3. what can i expect for accuracy?
4. who has the best dealer prices?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The factory barrel should have threading  covered by a protector nut. I don't think the threading will accept any cans readily. You have to buy an adapter that screws onto the barrel threads and contains the threads for the appropriate can.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Dave...
Please tell us how you really feel haha

I am glad to hear that as I could not keep a good group when I tested one at the range.

I returned it to the demo counter right away and went back and took my P7M8 out to get my confidence back    
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]
i love my P22.. it's accurate for me. Not too mention cheap to slap  a can on it . It's a fun gun to plink with. IMO

J
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]
mostly i would want the silencer so i could shoot at rabbits and mountain grouse while deer/elk hunting.  realizing the limited range of a pistol, does this sound doable?

also, does anyone know of a better/more accurate alternative without spending too much on the gun for this purpose.  i was thinking less than $800 with the tax stamp and all.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Tactical Innovations sells an adapter for the Walther that fits a 1/2-28 threaded can.  That size is very common for .22 cans  (same as AR muzzle too).

Don't know about the 5" version but the 3.5" version keeps .22LR Hi Velocity in the subsonic range which eliminates the "crack".

If you like Ruger MK II or 22/45 better, they can be threaded for the can.  Both are also available with an integral can that LOOKS like a bull barrel.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The biggest problem I have with them is they are like a 7/8ths gun...they are just too small IMO. I can kind of come up with a complaint for any .22 semi auto, so I'm looking for a S&W 617 4 inch...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top