Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:21:02 PM EDT
I'm wondering if the striker block safety feature is working properly on my MK9.  The safety check is fine when I've got it disassembled, I follow the handbook's instructions, but when it's assembled I've noticed that the firing pin pokes through the aperature when the slide is being pulled back about half way and then returns while going back home.  I imagine that it won't pose any real danger at that point in the cycle of extractoin and loading but of course I'd like to be sure.  Does everyone's do this or should I have it looked at?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That's normal for the Kahr stirker.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's easy to check another way too.  Just take the slide off and try to push the striker out with your finger.  You shouldn't be able to, unless you push the safety block in right next to it, then you can push the striker foward.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top