Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 9:29:24 PM EDT
Hi all: i carry a 5 shot Taurus .38 spl as a BUG mostly, but on occation  i use it as a primary sidearm on K-9 callouts. it's lighter than my 1911 .45 (by alot) I'd like to carry another 5 rounds for it. i have strippers now, but just as soon have a HKS or simmilar speedloader. has anybody seen any for a 5 shot? i'm assuming same one would work for a S+W wheelgun.
i've searched the 'net. but to no avail. (well, i gave up after a google search came up with something like a hundred thousand hits on "speedloaders").
Finding a holster was bad enouph for a belt holster as it's hammerless and most holsters use the hammer as a strapping point.
any help would be great.
i know if they make one, one of you guys would know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, those speed loaders for the 38Spl/357Mag S&W J frames should work like a champ. Your Taurus revovler, is a decendent of the S&W J frame. Just like to add, that when the cylinder chambers get a bit dirty after a bit of shooting, the fresh rounds from a speed loader will not just drop into the cylinder by gravity. You have exert some or fairly amount of effort depending on dirty the chambers are.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer Safariland speedloaders but I'm not sure if they have a five shot. I bet they do. You can try their website, Brownells, or where I got mine at www.Cheaperthandirt.com.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys, i knew you would come through for me.
as for rounds sticking, yes, i have noticed that already with about a hundred rounds through it. not a problem, just a "huh, must be getting sticky" type of thing. just another thing to do on a Sat night off...:)
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
From my bookmarks while looking for the same item for my S&W 64:

http://www.cowboyneeds.com/140.html

http://www.copsplus.com/showprod.php?key=49&start=1

Google search for Safariland speedloaders

HTH

wganz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top