Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2004 8:29:24 PM EST
Hi all: i carry a 5 shot Taurus .38 spl as a BUG mostly, but on occation i use it as a primary sidearm on K-9 callouts. it's lighter than my 1911 .45 (by alot) I'd like to carry another 5 rounds for it. i have strippers now, but just as soon have a HKS or simmilar speedloader. has anybody seen any for a 5 shot? i'm assuming same one would work for a S+W wheelgun.
i've searched the 'net. but to no avail. (well, i gave up after a google search came up with something like a hundred thousand hits on "speedloaders").
Finding a holster was bad enouph for a belt holster as it's hammerless and most holsters use the hammer as a strapping point.
any help would be great.
i know if they make one, one of you guys would know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:10:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:17:43 AM EST
Yep, those speed loaders for the 38Spl/357Mag S&W J frames should work like a champ. Your Taurus revovler, is a decendent of the S&W J frame. Just like to add, that when the cylinder chambers get a bit dirty after a bit of shooting, the fresh rounds from a speed loader will not just drop into the cylinder by gravity. You have exert some or fairly amount of effort depending on dirty the chambers are.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:00:30 PM EST
I prefer Safariland speedloaders but I'm not sure if they have a five shot. I bet they do. You can try their website, Brownells, or where I got mine at www.Cheaperthandirt.com.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:48:24 PM EST
thanks guys, i knew you would come through for me.
as for rounds sticking, yes, i have noticed that already with about a hundred rounds through it. not a problem, just a "huh, must be getting sticky" type of thing. just another thing to do on a Sat night off...:)
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:23:16 PM EST
From my bookmarks while looking for the same item for my S&W 64:

http://www.cowboyneeds.com/140.html

http://www.copsplus.com/showprod.php?key=49&start=1

Google search for Safariland speedloaders

HTH

wganz

Top Top