Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:54:53 PM EDT
I'm trying to replace the ejector in my 1911 but can't get the pin which holds the ejector in place out.  I'm using a 1/16 punch and I am removing it left to right but this thing is not budging. I let it soak in WD40 overnight.   Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
not sure about Ruger, but they might be loctited in.
WD40 isn't going to cut it if that is the case.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes you just can't win....I'll heat it up tomorrow and see if it moves.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
that's the spirit

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The only place that WD40 has in the gun culture is to lube the tail gate hinges on your pick up truck.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Ruger does loc-tite them. Why are you changing it? (Not being a jerk, just curious...)
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Ruger does loc-tite them. Why are you changing it? (Not being a jerk, just curious...)
View Quote

I have a new 38 super slide I am trying to fit to my SR1911 so i need to swap to a 9mm/38 super ejector to get the slide on the frame, right now the 45 acp ejector is preventing the slide from going on the frame.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure I follow the logic of buying a ruger in 45 then screwing with it to make a caliber conversion when you could have just bought a 38 super or 9mm from the get go? Keep in mind if you swap all the parts to make your 45 another caliber the chances that this will work without a significant amount of fitting and tinkering are about slim and none.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure I follow the logic of buying a ruger in 45 then screwing with it to make a caliber conversion when you could have just bought a 38 super or 9mm from the get go? Keep in mind if you swap all the parts to make your 45 another caliber the chances that this will work without a significant amount of fitting and tinkering are about slim and none.
View Quote

Working on firearms is a fun hobby, yes I can buy a complete 1911 in 38 super but where's the fun in that?  Switch slide 1911's aren't something unheard of, I have a completely different slide for the 38 super and on the frame I just have to switch out the ejector it's not that hard....well when the ejector comes out like it's supposed to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top