Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 5:11:28 PM EDT
So maybe this is a weird request, but does anyone know of any good permanent marker in white that could be used on a handgun for the rear sight?

Let me explain.  I carry a Kahr PM9 and really like it.  The sights are not a 3 dot like a Glock but Dot-the-l, and work quite well for quick target acquisition.   The back sight is black but has a white piece which fell out on my gun.  I guess I could get another piece, or another whole rear sight, but it doesn't inspire much confidence when the white piece falls out on me.  

The white piece (of plastic?) fits in a little grove, which if I could paint white, would serve quite well, and I wouldn't have to worry about it falling out.    

Am I crazy?  or has anyone done something like this before.  Should I just replace the rear sight?

Can anyone recommend such a marker?  I'm not sure if a metallic sharpie would work.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I just paint mine. And if the paint starts to wear off, then just repaint them again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Finger nail polish works well
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use model paint on a couple of fixed sight S&W revolvers.

Make sure you tape it off to make it look professional.

Use very little paint..... I use a toothpick to paint with.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:38:19 AM EDT
[#4]
One of the rear dots on my USP did that. I used paint from a hobby store. I used white as a base coat and used luminescent paint over that. It glows extremely bright with small exposures to light and makes for cheap and effective ghetto night sights.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I used white out when I was in a pinch one day. It held up fine for a while until I got some new sights. So if I were you I would just pick up some white paint and a small applicator.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=176851

I got some of this to put on the sights of my P22 but haven't had a chance to apply it yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top